34.0 He rhymed

"A couple students thought they saw it running through the field, back into the woods

"A couple students thought they saw it running through the field, back into the woods." The sheriff told Stiles and Madison. The coyote, also known as Malia, had made her way into the high school, and attacked Kira. Thankfully, Scott was there to save her. "Thank god nobody got hurt."

"What happens if she does hurt someone?" Stiles asked his father.

The sheriff sighed, knowing both of the teenagers beside him would not want to hear his answer. "Most likely, they would have to put it down."

"Put her down." Madison corrected him. "Try not to forget that this is a girl trapped inside the body of a coyote."

"Yeah, Dad, that's a girl that you'll be killing." Stiles stated. "Come on, you're not back to not believing, are you?"

"I believe that there are a lot of things that I don't understand yet." The sheriff snapped at Stiles. "But that doesn't mean that everything and anything is suddenly possible. Now, are the two of you sure that this is a girl and not an animal?"

"Yes." Madison nodded.

"Because Scott's sure." Stiles spoke before turning to see Scott standing in front of the doorway.

Madison sighed. "Scott, have you been listening?" She spoke in a low tone. Scott nodded slowly in response.

The sheriff nodded. "Alright, let's get this figured out."

*

Madison sat in the locker room next to Scott. Kira was talking to her dad, and Stiles came over to them. "Guys, I think I know what she was looking for." Stiles reached into his bag and took out Malia's doll.

Scott cocked his head to the side. "You took the doll from the car?"

"Yeah." Stiles sighed. "I thought you could use it for like her scent."

"Where did you get that?" Malia's father came rushing over to them, and grabbed the doll out of Stiles's hands. "Where did you find this? It belonged to me daughter."

The sheriff came over to them. "Mr. Tate, I don't know how you heard about this, if you've got your own police scanner or what, but you can't be here." Stilinski began to escort Malia's father out of the room, but felt something in his pocket.

The sheriff lifted Mr. Tate's jacket to show a gun. "I have a permit." Mr. Tate sighed, knowing this would not end well.

"California schools are gun free zones, permit or no permit." Stiles's father spoke harshly. "You need to leave, Mr. Tate."