He agrees, and all of us except for Mr. Stilinski go back to the office, where Stiles deletes all the files that could be evidence of Matt’s or the kanima’s crimes. Scott’s next to him at the computer, and I wanted to follow, but Matt took me by the arm and kept me close to him.

“Deleted,” Stiles says. “And we're done. All right, so, Matt, since all the people you brutally murdered deserved it because they killed you first - whatever that means - I think we're good here, right? So I'll just get my dad, and we'll go, you know? You continue on the whole vengeance thing. Enjoy the kanima.”

The doorbell rings.

“Sounds like your mom's here, McCall,” Matt smiles. Scott visibly pales.

“Matt, don't do this. When she comes to the door, I'll just tell her to leave. I'll tell her we didn't find anything. Please, Matt,” Scott pleads, only making Matt’s smile grow wider into a sick grin.

“If you don't move now, I'm gonna kill everyone in here first, and then your mom,” he says.

Scott moves toward the front door of the police station, and Matt forces Stiles and I to follow with a flick of his gun. But when Scott opens the door, Melissa isn’t standing there. It’s Derek.

He walks in and casually takes a look around, lifting his eyebrows at the sight of Matt, and the nervous wrecks around him.

“This is the one controlling him? This kid?” he asks. 

“Well, Derek, not everyone's lucky enough to be a big, bad werewolf,” Matt says. “Oh, yeah, that's right. I've learned a few things lately. Werewolves, hunters, kanimas. It's like a freaking Halloween party every full moon.”

Matt leads us to a room next to the one where Mr. Stilinski is trapped.

“Except for you, Stiles. What do you turn into?”

“Abominable snowman,” Stiles smiles sarcastically. “But uh, it's more of like, a wintertime thing, you know, seasonal.”

A flash of green and both Derek and Stiles drop down, unable to move. My arms reach out to help them, but Matt stops me again, pulling me back with a strong grip around my wrist. I would try to escape, but he still has a gun, and a kanima, so I don’t even try.

“You bitch,” Stiles says, lying down right on top of Derek’s body.

“Get him off of me,” the werewolf grumbles, but Matt just chuckles.

“Oh, I don't know, Derek. I think you two make a pretty good pair.”

Matt points his gun at Scott to tell him he has to stay back, and Scott listens, standing near the wall on the other side of the room.

“It must kinda suck, though, to have all that power taken away from you with just a little cut to the back of the neck. I bet you're not used to feeling this helpless,” Matt says with a smirk. “I know someone else who wasn’t used to it. Before she met me.”

A silence fills the room, and Stiles shoots Matt a dirty look. He can’t look me in the eyes because I’m standing too far away, and Matt’s keeping me here, his hand moving down and clutching my hand tightly.

“You might wonder why I haven’t just paralysed her too,” Matt tells Stiles. “And you’re right when you think that it would be nice to have my way with her without any resistance.”

Stiles looks away in disgust.

“But I need her to be moving. I’m taking her with me when I’m done here, so it’s easier if she can actually walk,” Matt explains. “Also, it’ll be nice to feel her try to fight it, you know she’s a fighter. She pretends to be tough, but I’m gonna enjoy feeling her give in. It’s more fun that way.”