Draco x Reader

Draco Malfoy seemed like the bad guy. Cold, heart as stone and uncaring, that's what his appearance and family name made of him.
But no. He wasn't that way. At least with the people he loved.

Draco wasn't loved, or loved many people,  love wasn't a concept in his family tree or in his mind at all. However, there were a few people he, even if he denied it, loved. He would give his life for them, even if he didn't admit it.
His friends. The ones who had been with him since forever. Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zabini and Theodore Nott. What would he give for them? Everything.
And Y/N  Y/L/N.
Ask anyone in the Slytherin house if Draco was protective, they would roll their eyes as if the answer was obvious.
Y/N Y/L/N was Draco's girlfriend. The first one and the endgame, she was the most important person in his life. She gave the definition of love to his life, he meant the world to him. And he would do anything to protect his princess.

So, that's basically why Roger Davies ended up with a broken jaw and a black eye after the Ravenclaw- Y/H quidditch match.
'And look at that girl!'- Lee Jordan screamed on the microphone.-'Y/N Y/L/N, everybody! The fiercest player in Y/H! And totally a babe, sorry Malfoy, but you are one lucky lad!'- Lee said, and a smile grew on Y/N's lips, as well as Malfoy's. The jealousy wasn't there at all. Draco knew Lee wasn't saying it to pressure him, and, let's be honest, his princess was fucking hot, so Malfoy was a lucky guy after all.
'What on flipping earth is Roger Davies doing?'- Lee asked, and Draco's eyes diverted to Y/N inmediately. And just as he turned around, he saw Roger Davies jinxing Y/N's broom, sending her flying, what seemed 12 stories down to pass out onto the pitch.
A gasp filled the pitch. Silence reigned suddenly.
Y/N was taken away by some students to the hospital wing. The match was cancelled, and Draco stormed down the bleachers onto the pitch.
Davies was getting a lecture from Madam Hooch, when Draco aimed at him and punched him square on the face, his fist colliding with Roger's jaw, planting him onto the floor.
'What the hell is wrong with you?'- Davies aimed back at Draco, but this one stopped him, punching him in his eye.
'No one. Touches. My girl.'- He said through gritted teeth, looking at the miserable Roger Davies on the grass.
He spun on his heels and left, his heart thumping, his head spinning, but set on one thought. Y/N.

Draco arrived at the door of the hospital ward. He loosened his tie a little, and knocked on the door. Madam Pomfrey opened a few seconds later.
'Draco.'- She said, opening the door.-'I assume you're here to see Y/N.'
'Is she okay?'- He asked, very concerned.
'She's fine, but she has a very bad injury on her back. She has a bad wound I had to stitch up and some of her bones were broken, but those are fixed now. She's in an IV now, as we have to reinstate all her blood levels. But you can go in, and stay for as much as you want.'
'Thank you.'- Draco said, and Madam Pomfrey closed the door behind her.
Draco made himself up of courage before entering her side of the room.
He walked in, and there she was.
Lying face down on the bed, her back was extent of clothing, except for a bra. A white, enormous bandage wrapped around her entire back, but it was full of blood patches. Her hand was under her pillow, and the other was extended on her side, where the IV was connected.
Draco felt like crying. He couldn't believe his princess was alive, yet looked so dead.
He sat down on a chair next to her bed. Taking her fragile hand on his, his fingers trailed over the IV covered by a bandage, and then twirled the ring he had bought for her after a year of dating. It was silver, and it had no stones in it, but it had the date they started dating engraved on it beautifully. She never took it off, ever. And Draco knew that. 

He would look at the ring when his hand was linked with hers under the desk in Potions class, he would twirl it around her finger when her head was lying on his chest at night, her chest rising and falling as she slept peacefully. He would see the glimmer of silver at the side of his face when her delicate hands cupped his jaw to kiss him. When she moved her hair from her face. 

She started moving. His eyes were still fixed on her, as she opened her eyes, not moving from her position. A smile grew on her face. 

'Hi'- She said, her eyes shining at him. 

'Hi'- He said, smiling back. 

'I heard Roger Davies ended up with a broken jaw and a black eye before I fell asleep'- She chuckled softly. Draco raised an eyebrow. 

'Well, no one messes with my girl.'- He said, and a blush crept up Y/N's face. She tried to sit, but it was almost impossible by herself. However, Draco went to her aid, helping her sit with no pain. 

'You should rest.'- He said, his hand caressing her face. She closed her eyes at the comforting touch. Her IV beeped. Draco stood up and refilled it with the vial of liquid on her nightstand. Her eyes followed him. 

'Then rest with me.'- She said, and Draco looked at her reluctantly. He didn't want to hurt her. 

'Please'- She pleaded in silence, and Draco gave in. He couldn't deny her. 

'Fine'- He said, and she shuffled on the king sized bed. He laid down on the bed, with Y/N in between his legs and resting over him. Nothing hurt, and they were both comfortable and grateful with each other's touch. 

His hand placed protectively on the bandage on her back, and her IV and ringed hand on his chest. 

She looked at him. His messy tufts of blonde hair, his piercing eyes. And the warmth behind them only few people could see. His chiseled jawline, his pale complexion. And the warm smile directed at herself. 

'I love you'- She said, very quietly. The hand on her waist pulled her carefully closer, his lips were inches away from hers. 

'I love you, my princess.'- He said, very quietly, before kissing her softly. Just a fragile motion of his lips on hers, like if she was a porcelain statue, and he was afraid of breaking her. But she was strong, she was a warrior. She could go through anything and everything, and he admired her for that. His girl was a hero. 

A smile grew on her lips when they parted ways. Her head fell back on his chest, kissing the bare skin there, before closing her eyes. 

He looked at her as she slept peacefully. She was the thing he cared about the most. She was the perfect girl for him. 

And, a few minutes later, his eyes fluttered close, into deep slumber. 

He looked at her as she slept alone on the bed. He slipped his shirt and his tie, as well as his shoes and robe on, before looking one more time at his princess. It was the morning after, and he had to leave for class. 

He made sure to refill her IV one more time before leaving. He planted a kiss on her forehead, before closing the door behind him. 

His head spun. He felt like he was crumbling down, like his world was revolting. 

His hands linked in his hair, as he slid down with his back on the door behind him. He sat on the floor, and his eyes began watering. He broke down. 

He was tapped on his shoulder. He looked up. His eyes were puffy, and he looked miserable. Pansy and Blaise were standing there, looking at him. 

'Come on, lad. You've had a long evening.'- Blaise said, helping him stand up. Pansy picked up his things and carried his bag on her shoulder. Her hand linked with Draco's, while Blaise wrapped his arm around Draco's shoulders, as they three disappeared down the hallway.