George x Reader

I found the post this imagine is based off on @newtsnifflers on Instagram. I believe the author of the post is @unofficialhogwarts on Tumblr, I believe. So the general idea does not belong to me. 

Prepare to bawl your eyes out. 

Y/N Y/L/N paced around the kitchen of the Weasley household back and forth, wringing her hands together in nervousness. Her heart was beating fast, threatening to stop at any second, and her mind was racing. 

It was after the Battle Of Hogwarts. She, being George Weasley's girlfriend, and soon to be fiancée, hadn't seen him ever since she found out Fred had died. And she was worried. 

Y/N and George had become a couple in Hogwarts, in their fifth year, before Fred and George dropped out of Hogwarts to open their joke shop. They were so in love, and so quickly, that George knew, after only half a year of dating her, that he had found the one. 

Their relationship was fun and aspiring to bigger things. It was reckless and innocent (Well, most of the time it was innocent.) It was passionate, and heartfelt. It was perfect. 

'Y/N, would you mind stopping? You've been pacing around the kitchen for hours!'- Molly Weasley snapped, from her seat on one of the chairs by the table. She was just as nervous as Y/N, George hadn't come back yet, and who knew if he was okay or not. 

'Sorry, Molly.'- She apologized, sitting on the chair opposite Molly.-'Im just very worried.'

And, as soon as she finished the sentence, someone bursted through the door. Molly and Y/N stood up, awaiting for the person to come into the kitchen. 

A pair of brown, depressed eyes greeted them. George. 

'You're back.'- Y/N breathed out. But she couldn't continue, because her eyes focused on his boyfriend's hair. 

It was blue. 

'George?'- She asked softly, when she was interrupted. 

'GEORGE WEASLEY! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO YOUR HAIR? ARE YOU CRAZY? YOUR HAIR IS BLUE, GEORGE, BLUE!'- Molly shrieked, but George didn't answer. Y/N was just looking at him, trying to tie two thoughts together. 

Mrs. Weasley fell silent, feeling instant resentment at her actions towards her son. She knew what he was feeling, the other half of him was gone, forever. 

'George.'- Y/N tried again softly, reaching for his hand. And that's when George acknowledged she was there, and looked at her. 

'Mom, can you give us a moment, please?'- George asked Molly, who nodded instantly. George allowed Y/N to take his hand, and they walked towards the living room, closing the door behind them. 

'George, what have you done to your hair?'- She asked, still unused to the sight of the young Weasley's hair colour. 

'I dyed it.'

'I can see that.'- She answered, a little off hand.-'But why?'

'Because I liked it. And I felt like it. So I did.'- George said, a little too cold and a little too annoyed for Y/N's liking. 

'So wait.'- She said, pacing around the room. -'You're telling me that, after the biggest battle of the Wizarding World, in which you, your family, your friends, and I took part in, in which we were all worried about you, precisely, after certain events.'- She took a stop there.-'You just thought "Oh, instead of going home, where my girlfriend and my family must be waiting for me to come home safely, im going to get my hair dyed?'

George didn't answer. 

Y/N remained a look on George, waiting for him to say anything. 

'I kept thinking it was him in the mirror.'- George whispered faintly. But Y/N heard it. 

And, suddenly, it all made sense.  A lot of sense. 

Fred had died, and now, each time George would look at himself, he would think it was his brother. He had lost something he couldn't, something he shouldn't have lost. He had lost a vital part of his life, and that part looked just like him. 

'George...'- Y/N started. 

'I fucking miss him, okay?!'- George lashed out at Y/N, startling her. But she recomposed herself, before walking up to him. 

George just collapsed into his girlfriend's arms, the only place he felt safe in, holding onto her dearly, as if he was going to lose her like he lost Fred. 

Y/N hugged him tightly. She could feel his unsteady sobbing, and his tears seeping through the fabric of her shirt. But she didn't care. He was hurt, badly, and he needed comfort. 

'I miss him so much.'- He sobbed out of breath, making her heart shatter onto pieces. 

'I know you do, George. I know you do.'- She said, the tears slipping past her eyes now. 

He cried on her shoulder for a few more minutes, as Y/N made themselves sway from side to side slightly, until George was out of tears. It was late at night already. 

George and Y/N pulled apart to see each other. Y/N's hand reached his face, moving the blue hair out of his eyes, and drying the tears under his puffy eyes. 

'Let's go sleep. It's late.'- She whispered, and George nodded. She intertwined his fingers with hers, and they walked towards the stairs to his room. 

'Y/N, George?'- Mrs. Weasley bursted in the room, but only Y/N turned around. Molly was waiting for anyone to tell her anything. 

'I'll explain tomorrow.'- Y/N mouthed, and Molly understood immediately. She nodded, and closed the door behind her. 

They walked towards George's room. Y/N had had the precaution of changing the room completely, so when George would come home, he wouldn't see Fred's bed and collapse from heartbreak. 

'You need to sleep. Stay here, change, I'll bring you an aspirin. Im sure you have a killer headache after all that crying.'- She said, going into the bathroom. 

She got changed, and reached for a glass of water and a painkiller in the bathroom. She brushed her teeth, and came out again. 

George was sitting on the edge of the king sized bed, looking down, like if he was thinking deeply. 

'Here, take this.'- She said, handing him the glass and the pain killer, which George drank instantly. Then, she laid down on the bed with him, running her hands through his blue hair. George rested his head on her chest, his hands snaking around her waist.

'You'll be fine, George. I promise. He promises.'- She whispered softly, so softly only George could hear. 

'As long as Im with you, I will.'- George said as quietly as her. He rested his head on the pillow next to hers, his hand reaching for her face. 

'Thank you.'- He whispered. Y/N smiled softly.

'Anything for you.'- She whispered back, and her eyes fluttered closed as George kissed her softly. 

'I love you.'- He whispered against her lips, before pulling apart. She smiled, she didn't need to answer. He rested his head on her chest again, his hands feeling around his girlfriend's fragile body, grabbing her softly but securely, afraid to lose her too. 

And, after a few minutes of hearing her breathing against his skin, and taking in the scent of the perfume of the girl he loved the most, he fell asleep into a much needed sleep.