Chapter Eight

The sun was what woke Willow up

The sun was what woke Willow up. Lighting up her eyelids, making the darkness a glowing orange. Groaning, she pulled the covers up to cover her face.

"Time to wake up," came a husky voice that sent a chill of pleasure through her. She groaned again, this time at herself, as she attempted to stop her mind from wondering to gutter.

He chuckled softly, the sound rumbling through his chest as well as the room.

"Come on, little wolf," the kindness of his words peaked her interest, she listened as he slowly moved towards the bed, "we are leaving soon," she froze at his words, they were leaving? They?

"We? We are leaving?" she asked meekly, as she lowered the blanket. Blinking rapidly, she slowly adjusted to the light streaming through the curtains, before she could finally see him. 

"Yes, little wolf, we are leaving," she sat up and looked at him, her thoughts swarming in her mind as she tried to understand why he would take her with him.

"Come on, little wolf," he motions with both hands for her to stand, as if she was a crowd of people, "shower, do what you need to do, it's already six thirty," 

"My name is Willow," she grumbled in annoyance, pushing the blankets off of her and slipping out of the warm bed.

"I know," he said, his lips twisted into a smirk as he turned back to his duffel bag. Rolling her eyes she padded, barefoot into the bathroom.

Cringing slightly at herself in the mirror she slowly slipping out of her clothes. A few whimpers slipped past her lips as she pulled the tattered clothes from the scabbed and healing marks on her body. Blood dripped down her skin in places the cloth had fused to the scabs, 

The warm water stung as it hit her body, as did the soap as she gently used her hand to spread it, but she ignored it, it was nothing compared to what she had been through.

When her body was finally clean, her muscles sore but no longer tight, she forced herself out of the shower. Wrapping a towel around her body and another around her hair, she grabbed her clothes and stepped out of the steamy bathroom, goosebumps spread across her skin as the cooler air surrounded her.

Rage cleared his throat, drawing her attention the moment she stepped into the room. His head was down, short dark curls catching the sun from his place by the window.

"I placed some clothes on the bed for you to change into until we exit the human territory and can shift," he cleared his throat again, his eyes never meeting her's, as he pulled a phone from his bag and started typing away on it.

She quickly grabbed the clothes from the bed and made her way to back to the bathroom. The soft cotton of the extra large shirt and sweatpants felt surprising alright on her healing skin. The fabric barely irritating her skin.

Tossing her dirty, torn, bloody clothes into the garbage she moved back into the main room. Rage was standing, looking out the window. He did not turn as she made her way to the bed to put on her shoes.