Chapter Fifty-four

"What the hell are you doing?" He spun her around to face him, eyes wide, jaw clenching as he gnashed his teeth together

"I am showing him what happened."

"No," his grip on her shoulders tightened. "Put your fu*ken shirt back on." he growled the words. Willow only shook her head, reaching her hands up, she slowly pulled the bandage off of her chest. His eyes widened, frozen as he watched her peel it from her skin.

He had only seen it twice, days ago, when she was still being forced to sleep because of the pain. Now, his eyes were unwavering as she slowly revealed the half-healed marks on her chest. Her state of undress forgotten as he laid eyes on the raw flesh. She hadn't bleed from the marks in two days, but they were nowhere near healed.

Each claw-mark was coated in a soft, pink scab and if you looked closely, you could see where each stitch had been keeping them closed. The center was still red, puckered around the edges, too wide and too deep to be scabbed over fully.

Rage's lips parted in a gasp, too shocked at the sight to stop her from turning and revealing her nearly naked torso to his brother.

The sounds of chains rattling was what pulled him from his frozen state. He looked over at his brother to find Fury with both hands over his mouth, his eyes wide and watery. He was surprised at the horrified look on Fury's face. How did he not have a clue of what he had done to her in his fit of anger?

Tenderly, Willow pulled her shirt back on, biting her lip as she fraught the pain of the movement.

"I hope that in the future, you can come to terms with my choice and learn to care for me as your sister."

Her confidence wavered as she turned and caught sight of the look on Rage's face. Gone was the anger, in it's place was shock and grief. She had a feeling he was mentally beating himself up about it, again.

She grabbed his hand and lead him from the room. He obediently followed, too lost in his own thoughts to do anything else.

He was vaguely aware of her stopping and asking someone something before leading him into a room.

"Rage, Rage it's okay, come on Rage, come back,"

Her hands were cupping his cheeks, forcing his head down to look at her as her voice called for him, slowly drawing him out of his own mind.

"There you are." She smiled as his eyes cleared, focusing on her standing in front of him. She lifted herself up, as far as she could and placed a quick kiss to his lips.

"Don't ever do that again." He growled lowly, pulling her to him, wrapping his arms around her. "Your clothes stay on around other males. They don't need to see what is mine." His growl vibrated through her and she giggled.

"Yes sir." She joked, and he growled again, this time in warning. He was being serious and did not appreciate her joking. "I won't Rage. You know me better than that. I wouldn't take my shirt off in front off just anyone."