Chapter Fifty-three

"I want to see him,"

Rage frowned at the female standing before him. He could not wrap his mind around her words even after she repeated them.

"I don't think that's a good idea," his eyebrows were nearly touching as her watched her face redden with anger. She was almost cute with her scowl and her hands on her hips.

"Well I want to talk to him," Rage watched her, finding it cute as she glared at him with a scowl and her hands on her hips.

He couldn't understand why she wanted to see Fury after what he did to her. He wanted her no where near his crazed brother. Her persistence only confused him more.

"Willow..." he said sternly with the softest tone he could muster.

"Rage," He only sighed and took a step closer to her. She didn't move as he moved closer, reaching his had to cup  her cheek.

"Fury isn't in his right mind right now, baby. I don't know what he will do. I don't want anything else to happen to you."

He relaxed as her face softens, understanding filling her eyes. His eyes drifted to her collar of her shirt where the white bandage peaked out.

"Rage please, I need to know why, why he did it."

"I know why he did it." He grumbled. Eyes fluttered closed in defeat when she didn't respond. He had never seen her so persistent about anything before and didn't seem to back down.

With a sigh, he gripped her hand, lacing their fingers together and led her from her hospital room.

She had been given the okay to leave the clinic, having to return in a couple of days to have the stitches removed and occasionally from there until she was all healed.

The clinic was small, containing a dozen hospital rooms, five regular doctor office rooms, two waiting rooms, one operating room and three specialty rooms, containing verious equipment.

It didn't take long to reach the end of a hall. They stopped and turned to the last door on the right, while another hallway intersected on the left.

Two males stood shoulder to shoulder blocking the door nearly from view. They didn't bother looking down at her only having eyes for Rage.

He turned to her, his face hard, eyes as cold as ice. Willow hadn't seen him look this way in months. This was the male everyone feared, not the one who kissed her sweetly and held her as of she would break.

"You will not leave my side. You will not approach the bed. AND you absolutely, under no circumstances, will not touch him." The venomous growl sent a chill down her spine, but she managed to nod her understanding. If she didn't have a reason to think otherwise, she would be scared of the male before her.

His grip on her hand was the only thing that kept her from being scared. The gesture reassuring that this was an act, a mask he wore for everyone else.