Chapter Ten

****(all brother's have black hair and a shade of yellow/gold eyes. this may not have been fixed in chapters between 1 and 10)****

 this may not have been fixed in chapters between 1 and 10)****

Rage didn't sleep as he laid in bed. He didn't need sleep. He had been trained to survive on very little sleep, all his brother's had.

His mind twisted and turned as he tried to ignore her smell, the slight scent of blood that mixed with it. The smell only made him angry as he forced himself to remember that not everyone was trained like he was like his family was.

If she could make it, by tomorrow evening she would be safe with his brother, on the way to the safest pack on the continent. And that is all he wanted: was for her to be safe, even if it was without him.

He prayed to the moon that she would go without trouble, he wasn't going to go back with them. He had no intention to go back to his family, to his brother's pack. He did not want to argue with her like he was going to have to argue with his brother.

The sun was soon to rise when he pushed himself out of bed. Grabbing his phone and a shirt, he headed out the door, calling his brother.

"Where the hell are you?" Fury's voice rumbled through the phone, agitation bleeding from his voice.

"Had to stop for the night," he responded with a sigh.

"I left my mission to help you Rage," a growl rumbled through the phone, "you said you would be here hours ago," he sighed again at his brother's words.

"Her paws were raw and bleeding..." he trailed off, there really wasn't much left to say.

"Oh..." they both were quiet for a few moments before Fury spoke, "Who is this female that you want me to take home?"

"An abused female that was being kept against her will in a pack in Washington,"

"They wouldn't let her leave? Is she still a pup?"

"No, she is an adult, an orphan, the Alpha was allowing younger pack members to do what they want to her,"

"Are they going to come after her?" Rage rolled his shoulders, feeling the tension in the muscles building.

"Maybe,"

"Are they going to come for you?" Fury asked without hesitation, he knew his brother so well.

"Probably,"

"What did you do, brother?" Rage took a deep breath, releasing it in a long sigh.

"I killed the Alpha's son," his brother cursed, knowing full well that Rage would probably have the pack hot on his tail.

"I'll see you soon, brother," Fury finally said, breaking the tight silence.

"Before sundown," he responded before hanging up.

Returning to the room, he found Willow still sleeping, curled up in the fetal position, seems to be how she always slept. He guessed it was a habit she picked up over the years of abuse.