Chapter Thirty-two

Rage watched the couple before him shake

Rage watched the couple before him shake. He shot a look to Ethan, who came forward, taking his spot next to the Beta and Rage moved to lean against the wall. 

What weak wolves, he thought as he watched them visibly relax with his receding presence. How was it they were even high ranked if they nearly wet themselves from just sitting across the table from him?

There was no way he would let them take over the pack when the Alpha died. They were like scared pups, they could not look after it, someone would come and take it from them.

That was exactly what seemed to be going on. The Rogues knew that the pack was weak with their Alpha sick, they knew there wasn't anyone to take over.

They had a mole.

He caught the movement out of the corner of his eye as everyone turned to look at him. He internally cursed himself for letting the words slip past his lips.

"I was thinking the same thing," Allison agreed from the chair in front of him, drawing attention to her. Her lips quirked as she sensed his tension ease. He didn't mind attention, when it came to fighting and torture, but he didn't like undivided attention like this. It made him hate boring meetings even more.

"What do you mean?" the blond female asked, her voice filled with anger as she glared at Allison. She had no problems meeting her gold eyes, she was less intimidating than him.

"The Rogues know your pack is struggling, that your Alpha is sick and you have no succession of power.

"No we aren't!" the female stood, snarling with as much force as she could. Allison smirked, un-phased by the show of aggression, she had tangled with her cousins and held her own, this female was nothing.

"Sam!" the Beta gasped, but it fell on deaf ears as she attempted to stare down Allison.

Rage let out a growl. It wasn't loud, but held a demanding note as it rang through the room, rumbling through chests like the bass of a speaker.

The female's shoulders bowed as she felt it, unable to deny the power it emitted. 

"And who do you think could do the job?" her eyes large as she watched him push himself off of the wall and tilt his head in question, arms still crossed over his chest.