Chapter Twenty-three

Rage sat at the table near the window, his body faced the door, back to the wall

Rage sat at the table near the window, his body faced the door, back to the wall. He had no idea what Hunter was going to do. They never really got along and he knew how dark his brother could be, well from what Rage had experienced anyway. He and Hunter never really dealt with each other. They were twins, yes, but they were not close, not at all.

He sensed his brother before he saw him. He always wondered if that was that bond that they had. People said that twins had a bond, but to him, Hunter was just another one of his brothers, and one he didn't particularly like.

He watched at Hunter entered the bar, Fury and Wrath on his flanks. When the door close behind them, three sets of gold eyes turned to the only occupant of the place, him.

With one nod, Wrath broke from the group heading for the unmanned bar. Hunter's eyes never left Rage and he began to approach him, Fury hot on his heels.

"Rage," He greeted coldly with a nod as he stopped a the table, looking down on his seated form.

"Hunter," Rage greeted, biting back the dark tone he wanted to loose, "Fury," he greeted his other brother, "You didn't tell me you were the beta now," Rage tried to hind the smirk as his implication angered Hunter.

"Haven't very well had a chance to, it's not like we see talk often," Rage only shrugged, he was secretly happy for Fury, he deserved to be Beta, the position was perfect for him. Yet mostly, he didn't care about the pack, about who was doing what. He had left that life behind and tried not to look back.

"There are a few things I would like to speak with you about, brother," Hunter finally said, getting to the point of being in a closed bar at noon. Hunter never was one for chit chat and Rage was glad.

He took the chair across from him, and as if on cue, which it may have very well been, Wrath arrived at the table with four beers. He placed an open beer in front of Hunter and Fury, who had taken the seat across from the window. Wrath set an unopened bottle in front of Rage, surprising him. Retrieving him a drink was not just a curious thing but showed a sign of welcome, and giving it to him unopened was to show that nothing was done to it.

Rage looked at his quiet brother and nodded, thanking him for the respectful gesture. He popped the drink open, taking a long gulp before setting his eyes back on Hunter. He seemed agitated and uncomfortable.

"What is it that you wanted to speak to me about?" a spark flared in his eyes as he fought the disrespectful comment. Taking a few deep breaths, he calmed enough to speak.

"I would like you to come back to the pack," Rage choked in shock, never expecting those words to come from his brother''s mouth. Hunter only paused to a moment, waiting for Rage's coughing to calm before continuing, "we are having issues with both Rogues and Turned, we need the pack strong,"

Rage looked between his three brother's, trying to determine if this was really the plan. None of them showed any reaction to the statement, making him wonder if his brother was being genuine.