Chapter Thirty-seven

Quick note: there will be more to this  chapter (mature content) saved as Chapter 37.5 in the book "Restricted". If you want to read the pure smut. Not necessary to read.

 Not necessary to read

W

illow was passing back and forth, in her suite, her mind racing, trying to get a grip on her thoughts and feelings.

Last night Fury had kissed her, shocking her at the unexpected actions. She hadn't even realized he felt that way about her. She thought he was being a friend to her, her only friend here for the past few months. Yet she was mistaken, somehow he had feelings for her that she didn't even see. Then he kissed her and left, gone before she even woke up the next morning.

And then Rage... standing at the bottom of the staircase, shocking her heart, she thought she would faint the moment he said her name. This time though, she ran. She didn't know what was going on. Why was he here? Did she want him here? Was she hoping he would come see her?

If she was being honest with herself, she didn't know. The only thing that she was sure about was that seeing him made her heart pound. Her anxiety off the charts that even the sound of Shadow jumping on to a chair caused her to jump and let out a slight shriek.

Her nerves were shot. These Wulf boys were going to kill her, and not the way everyone thought they would.

Another shriek came from her when someone knocked on the door. Mentally scolding herself, it was only someone knocking at the door. Taking a deep breath, trying to calm herself, she caught the scent of who was on the other side of the door.

Her hand shook as she reached for the doorknob. She once more tried to calm herself with a deep breath, but her anxiety only spiked at the smell of the person outside the door.'

Rage stood on the other side of the door wearing a nervous look on his usual hard face. His tall frame hunched with, his hands clasped behind his back.

"Um... may I come in?" he asked, a hint of nervousness in his voice caused a strange feeling in her stomach.

Slowly she nodded, stepping aside to allow him to step passed her and into the room. She took this moment to take him in. His hair was longer than the last time she saw him, his face covered in a beard that he had not had before. It made her wonder what had made him let it grow out. He was different, he had changed, and not just the wild look he now sported.

As he turned to face her was when she noticed the emotions in his eyes. It was as if she could see into his soul as he looked at her. Her breath caught as he opened his mouth to speak only to close it once more. He couldn't seem to find the right words to say to her.

"Willow..." he whispered so softly, her heart skipped and the fluttering feeling returning to her stomach.

She stayed still, taking in the sight of him, worried that this would be the last time she would see him. The thought made her heart ache.