Chapter Eighteen

Willow's stomach twisted as she stood before the large wooden door

She dreaded entering, to be in a room, alone, with the Alpha. 

Fang had came to get her from her room after dinner. Telling her that his brother wanted to meet with her. She was not surprised that he called her for a meeting, she was new to the pack after all.

Even though Fang had tried to tell her nothing would happen, this was the Alpha, he could do anything. She knew nothing of him, she had not even seen him since she first arrived. Her fear of repeating her past in this new pack, was eating away at her. She wanted to run, burrow herself in the comfort of her bed and pretend she hadn't been told to come to his office.

Fang had lead her to the door, gripped the old, warn, ring hanging for the head of a wolf. He used the knocked to make three rasps before giving her a smile and left her there, standing alone in front of the door.

"Enter," the deep voice demanded through the door, she shook as everything seemed to rattle at the force he used.

She took a deep breath, forcing herself to reach out and grip the old handle, using her thumb, she pushed down and pushed the door open.

She was greeted by the scent of books, old books that lined walls of the office. To her, the office looked like a library, the books seeming to call to her as she stepped into the room.

"Have a seat," The Alpha directed, drawing her attention to his bulky figure, standing behind his desk. She was distracted for a moment by the resemblance he held with his brother, though he seemed slimmer and his face a bit longer, he looked so much like Rage.

She gulped as she took the seat her indicated to on the other side of the desk. The worn leather bringing a smile to her face, though the alpha before her intimidated her, his office held a welcoming feel that seemed to put her at ease.

Hunter watched her as she eyed the desk, happy that her eyes were off of him. She was a cute little thing, but something told him that his brother would be back for her. It was strange for him to have sent her here, and from what Fury had told him, he was going to kill the alpha of the pack she came from.

Not that he cared about the alpha, he knew his brother, he may not like him, but he trusted his judgement when it came to who he killed and why. He had never taken a liking to anyone before, he had always took them back, whipping out the alpha and whoever else needed to be killed, and then left them there. The woman in front of him was an anomaly that he wanted to crack.

Willow's eyes were stuck on the ragged edge of the desk, the marks had been cleaned, but the splits were clearly from a clawed hand gripping it.

"I would like to give you a rundown of a few rules before I ask you some questions," His husky voice pulled her attention once more. When her eyes met his icy gold ones, she glanced away. There was something about the look there, the cold, emotionless look that sent a chill down her spine and caused her to not want to look him in the eyes.