Chapter Twenty-six

The way Rage said her name made her whole body sway

The way Rage said her name made her whole body sway. Her grip on the door the only thing keeping her up right as she looked at the man before her. Was she dreaming?

"I have come to see you," he whispered eyes skimming over her body, leaving a burning trail in their wake.

"At this time of night?" her heart was racing as she met his eyes, they were glossed over and dark, a look she had seen many times before in those of her old pack. His face wasn't twisted in anger, though, he looked sad.

"May I come in?" He leaned closer, she doubted he realized it with the way he had began to sway on his feel. The smell of alcohol pungent on his breath.

She stared at him, taking in his appearance. His pants clung to his thighs, showing off his toned legs, at the same time they sagged at his hips from the weight of the water soaked into them. He was barefoot, his shoes and socks clutched in one hand. His t-shirt clung to his abs as the bottom half was damp from whatever he had swam through. She was 

She nodded, stepping aside to allow him into the suit. His movements were slow, but steady, if you weren't close to him, you wouldn't even realize he had been drinking.

She closed the door as he moved to take a seat at the wooden table. Her eyes drawn to Shadow as he jumped onto the table and headbutted his hand. Shadow didn't like anyone but her close to him, let alone touch him, not even Fury.

"You need to get out of those wet clothes," he nodded, the smirk on his face should have been a warning as he gripped the back of his shirt and pulled it over his head and off.

Willow tried got to stare at the bare chested man in front of her, the scars littering his body shinned white on the tanned canvas.

The sound of the wet jeans hitting the floor was what jolted her from her thoughts. He was now standing in front of her in nothing but a tight pair of boxers.

She cleared her throat, diverting her eyes from the almost naked man in her kitchen.

"Let me get you a towel," she tried not to run for the bathroom, trying to reach it before he took off the last piece of clothing he had. The one covering his manhood from her virgin eyes.

When she returned she was relieved to find him the same as she left him and not naked. He was seated on the chair, Shadow perched on his knee as he scratched behind his ear.

"He likes you," Rage was silent as he pet the furball on his lap, front paws placed on his stomach, purring away.

"I did find him in the woods," she had known he gave Fury the kitten, but she didn't realize that Rage had saved the kitten.

"Well," she moved to set the towel on the table next to him, smiling at the scene before her. The big bad male, with the tinny kitten on his lap, "he won't let anyone near him,"