Chapter Forty-three

When Rage awoke he knew what he needed to do

When Rage awoke he knew what he needed to do. The thought the first thing to grace his consciousness, like it was the most obvious answer.

His body felt fresh, relaxed for the first time in days, his mind clear and sharp, ready to devises a plan. 

"Well, good morning," Ally greeted.

"Morning?" frowning he looked around, surprised to find the room slightly shadowed, he had assumed it was dusk.

"Yes, morning, it's five o'clock, Thursday morning," his frown deepened as he looked out the large sliding glass doors, they were facing south so he couldn't tell where exactly the sun was at.

Twenty-six hours was a very long time to sleep.

Allison sat at the table, one leg pulled onto her chair as she sipped her coffee, watching him. The shin in her eyes hinted on her eagerness for mischief and mayhem. 

"Did I miss anything?" Rage had a feeling he knew the answer, but one could hope.

"Nope," he nodded, grabbing a muffin and a mug he pored himself some coffee, not really needing it, and took a seat across from her. She watched him silently, smirking over the rim of her mug.

"What?" eyes borrowing on the golden girl before him. She only giggled.

"There is a look in your eyes, you're plotting something," He didn't bother to hide his devious smile.

"It's time we get some answers," he paused to take a sip of his too-hot black coffee, "the way I do best," her wicked smile mirrored his. She set her mug onto the table before her.

"When do we leave?" her eyes glowing with the excitement at the anticipation of a hunt. She straitened her self in her seat and he could almost see her jumping in her skin like a pup.

"When we get Ethan, Wrath and Dare, see who wants in," her head bobbed excitedly in a nod of agreement.

Ethan and Wrath crouched on either side of Rage as they watched the scene before them unfold. Allison was actually a good actress.

The sentry was dim if he thought some random she-wolf would just happen to be on his rout, injured and crying, in a very little clothes.