Chapter Fifty-one

Willow's eyelids fluttered before she slowly opened them

The room she was in was dark, lit only by the light from a half open door.

She tried to sit up, only to gasp as pain bloomed from her chest. She dropped back down, breathing through the pain, a pain she now noticed with each breath.

When the pain dulled to a constant cramp, she tried again. This time forcing herself to ignore the shot of pain and her breath coming fast. She felt like her chest had been ripped open...

Her eyes grew big at the thought, memories came back to her. Fury... Hunter... blood...

Her hands shot to her chesk, pain bursting at the impact. Her breathing picked up, panic coursing through her. Frantic, she looked around, taking in them empty hospital room swiftly.

Her breath caught a in her throat when she spotted the male beside her bed. He was slouched between two chairs, looking uncomfortable with his chin and laced hands resting on his chest, legs bridging the chairs.

He wasn't close, but if he reached his hand out, he could touch her. She couldn't see his face, even though he was facing her, he was turned from the light source.

Beeping started from somewhere, sounding faraway as her ears rang, heartbeat quickened, breathing becoming painful.

The male shot from his sleep, lunging towards her. For a moment she thought it was Rage. She saw his mouth move but didn't hear anything. Her mind was racing, she could hear the blood pumping in her ears.

Rage, no, Hunter looked panicked. He gripped her shoulders, trying to get her to look at him but she was growing lightheaded and her lungs and chest hurt.

Her mind couldn't focus, her body, her sense overloaded. She felt like she was going to burst.

Gripping her head, she screamed. Tears steamed down her face as she fisted her hands in her hair. Where he scream stopped, her sobs started.

She couldn't focus, her mind unable to process everything at once.

Arms wrapped around her, pulling her against a warm chest. Her nails dug into fabric as she gripped the males arms, crying, sobbing into the dark hoodie he wore.

A growl rumbled though his chest, but she ignored it, her mind focusing on the hand rubbing her bare back.

A soft kiss was placed on the crown of her head when her body was finally calming. She took a shaky breath, face still pressed to the man's chest.

She jerked back, eyes wide as she looked at the male. It wasn't Hunter sitting on her bed, it was Rage.

"Hey there, little wolf, how are you feeling?" She didn't answer, her body was turning to mush. All she could hear was his voice, all she could feel was his hand cupping her cheek.