29 - 'Pure' Love / 30 - Oh My, You Did It?! / 31 - 'Twas A Dream

Start from the beginning

...................

"Xy......"

"Yes?"

"You..... you're not naked under that towel are you?"

.......

"Um, n-no. 'Course not..... haha, hah."

"Oh my god you totally are!" she squealed and burst out laughing.

"Wait, it's normal to come wearing a swimsuit?!" I growled.

"Of course it is! Everyone does!" She couldn't even stop laughing as she told me.

"Come on show me!"

......

...........

"Evie..... what are you talking about?" I gulped.

"You know what," she said as she grabbed my towel.

"W-wait! Stop!" I screamed as I wrestled against her to keep the pice of cloth protecting my dignity in place.

"Come on!" she laughed, "I want to see if my 'little' brother Xyder has grown into a man yet!"

"Evie! This isn't funny!"

"Come on! I'll even show you too!"

............

.................

.........................

"What was that?"

"I said I'll show you too," she repeated, slipping her fingers under the straps of her one-piece swimsuit at her neck.

"H-hold on. Let's think about this for a moment!" I stammered. Evie got closer to me and began sliding the straps over her shoulder. I closed my eyes as her breath began to touch me.

"Whack!"

I fell back holding my head where I had been hit. I could hear Evie laughing as she splashed water over me.

"I was just kidding you knucklehead! We aren't going to go down the wierd incest route of some of these shows now-a-days! Don't tell me that you were expecting something?" she snickered.

"No. Never!" I growled shooting back up.

"Good. Otherwise, things might have actually gotten wierd between us."

I sighed in relief that the whole ordeal was just Evie's typical mischievous nature.

"Hey," she began as she rested her head on my chest, "have you ever felt as if you were worthless. Like maybe you knew you could do somethings but there were others around who could so it all better?"

"I have," I admitted resting my hand on her head, "for the last six years of my life I have. No matter how many times I put on a tough face and told the world I was the best, deep down I always felt that I was too weak and that maybe there were others who were better suited to becoming Regulus than I was. Maybe I was pointless just as grandfather has always said. When I was ready to give  in, one person in particular told me this: 'You may not be the best in brute strength nor may you be the best in intelligence or elemental power. But, you are the best you that there can be and you are the best, cute little brother I have'. It was your words that kept me going whenever I was at the brink of accepting a fate of defeat. It was you who gave me that confidence to believe in myself. And let me tell you something. I know pne thing that you are not only the best at but perhaps the only person who can accomplish it. That's making me be true to myself. You are the only one I can open up to and be honest with. The only one I can truly call my closest family."