Poppy signalled to me to get onto my feet and I complied. She tossed a round ballin my direction which imploded to unleash a series of high pitched sound waves. Disoriented, I held my head and ears tightly to block the noise as I staggered backwards. A tap on my shoulder caused me to turn around. There I found Lennox eagerly awaiting. He connected a right hook to my face, grabbing me by my collar so I wouldn't fall.

"Negotiations between Fenix and Zephyr over the land ended in chaos as the idiotic Seraphim Zephyr stooped so low as to assault Regulus Horus Fenix. The matter became an international issue and the World Heirarchy was forced to mediate," Lennox growled, summoning his Persona, a pair of spiked brass knuckles, and proceeded to unleash a combo of punches about my body which pierced my flesh and drew blood.

Evelynn's body jolted forward as she attempted to come to my aid but Jaqueline and Sorine quickly held her back, though they too were reluctant to do so.

Lennox ended with an uppercut which lifted me off of the ground and launched me a couple feet through the air before I eventually landed at the feet of Laura Blaze.

"On all fours, you dog," she demanded as she stepped on my face. I obeyed and she forcefully dropped herself onto my back. As she sat on me, she painted her nails and spoke, "The Heirarchy was poised to transfer the land in Fenix' name and this is when Lord Duran made his next move. He approached the Heirarchy, insisting that he too wished to contest ownership of the land. He was convincing with his sweet and sly words, thus the Heirarchy conceeded. They came to a final decision that the land would be made the ultimate prize in a winner-takes-all competition amongst the Elemental Clans. Lord Duran could finally have his way... but before that he had to eliminate the one true threat standing in his way."

Laura reached down, summoning an unusual collar which she fastened around my neck. She stood up and began to walk away but, looking back through the corner of her eyes and with a wicked grin, she snapped her fingers. The construct instantly tightened around my neck, inhibiting my breathing, before delivering a powerful, continuous shock to my body. Even with my naturally heightened resistance to shock as a Lightning Vessel, I could still feel intense pain from her weapon. With a giggle, she ceased her attack and I began to walk away or rather I stumbled and tripped as my body seemed to be struggling with co-ordination.

Seizing the opportunity, Seth slithered towards me and with rapid, snake-like and fluid motions, he slashed and stabbed me across the body using a pair of tactical knives and his razor-like nails, causing a fountain of blood to spray forth.

I foundered like a lame horse, taking a few steps back before I came crashing down.

"Xy!" Evie screamed desperately.

"I'm done watching this," Sorine snapped angrily and she and Evelynn hurried toward the five members of Team Blaze who circled me.

"DON'T!" I bellowed, bringing them both to a dead stop a few metres away. Blaze looked at them and chuckled at their expense.

"We can't. We have to protect our friends... remember?" I told them, still lying in a pool of my own blood.

Evie covered her mouth as she began to cry while Sorine ground her teeth, looking at the gruesome scene continue to unfold.

"Duran knew that he had to stop them or they could be the ones to destroy his plans," Nero cackled as he grabbed my hair and lifted my face so I could look at him, "That is when I came in. Seraphim Zephyr sent the nine Epitomes of the Zephyr Clan, some of the strongest of their qualifying members, to participate in the tournament. The mission was simple: render some of these members incapable to continue and force Zephyr to drop out by kidnapping. I'd been keeping tabs on you all for a short while before I first appeared in front of you. I remeber it like yesterday. You and your little girlfriend barged into Duran's Shopping Mall in the Mayer Estates. At some point I noticed you staring at the golden statue of the Devil at the centre and I decided it was the ideal moment. Thus, I came to you as the humble son of the mall's owner. That wasn't even a lie either."