"What did you do to him?" Rhys raises an eyebrow waiting for me to answer him first. I exhale out of annoyance before answering. "He said some things that would really hurt. He knows because our mom's used to be friends, we were as well but there's no need for details. We aren't anymore obviously-"

"How personal was what he said?" I bite the inside of my cheek, breaking eye contact with him. "Because from what I heard it was something to do with family."

I nod slowly and finally look back at him. "It was about my family or more so how it's no longer the happy, cheery, american dream anymore."

"So you're from a broken family?" He questions and I awkwardly shift stances. I go to walk away but he pushes off, blocking my way. "So am I, so you don't have to worry about me blabbing which makes this all the more sweeter. The prick deserves what he's got."

"I don't like that word," I whisper, his lips quirk into a momentary smile. "It's too vulgar."

"Too vulgar? That's probably one of the nicest swear words I know," I frown and he looks away for a minute, covering his amusement behind his hand. "That's actually really funny that you think it's vulgar."

"I just don't like it. Anything else but that," I shrug, crossing my arms until I realize I have no idea what's happening or happened to Brian. "What did you do?"

Rhys' eyes twinkle for a moment when he flicks his head behind me. "Have a look for yourself."

I look over my shoulder and end up doing a double take when I spot a pink haired boy storming down the halls. But that's not even the best part. The fact he's wearing what I think are girls clothing - from how snug they're clinging to his body - almost makes me laugh.

Brian locks eyes with me and I didn't think it was possible for his face to get redder but it does. He walks with his fists clenched and teeth bared in anger. When he gets closer he starts screaming.

"You son of a bitch I will make you life a living hell," When he raises his clenched fist to his hip height I'm yanked back by my wrist. I look to Rhys who is half shielding me when Brian stops a meter away. "Oh. I didn't even realize you had a guard dog, how cute."

"I'd watch your mouth strawberry shortcake," Rhys chuckles, not intimidated at all by Brian. "It would suck if you ended up getting blood on your designer clothing. But I must admit that you surprisingly suit girls clothing for someone so manly like you are."

My eyes flicker between them when he puts empathize on manly. For the first time, I see fear in Brian's eyes which isn't something I would ever expect. I think Rhys threatened him. I just don't know what with but judging by his paling complexion it can't be for something good.

Brian's eyes fall on mine. "You're really going to let him get away with this. We used to be friends-"

"That was before you punched her in the face," Rhys chuckles and let's go of my wrist, closing the space between them. "And before you vandalized her locker. Don't forget about the verbal abuse you threw at her yesterday over something extremely personal. Yet you think you're her friend?"

I blink a few times, looking around when people slowly stop walking to watch the scene going down. Brian's anger and confident exterior is faltering by the second. And Rhys knows it which is why his smirk is getting bigger by the second.