[08] To Haruhi's House! Or Maybe Not...

Start from the beginning

                I guess the only real difference between them were the weapons.

                Sipping at the small, cold bottle, I pulled out my phone.

                What the?

                Eight New Messages!

                Mentally, I groaned. This is what I get when that goddamn club has my number.

                I clicked on the messages, and read them all. They basically said the same thing, like—Meet us at Music Room 3 instead, or Change of rendezvous.

                Jesus Christ, when had this become a rendezvous?

                I shook my head again, zipping everything back into the bag. Throwing it over my shoulder, I set an even pace to the Academy.

                If I was now running to Music Room 3...

                ...I now had a lot farther to run.

                And that's only if I didn't get lost.

..::..::..::..

                I was panting slightly as I climbed the stairs, my mood down in the depths of hell partying with the devil himself.

                In other words?

                I was pissed.

                The fucking sky had opened, dumping whatever rain it could find on me as well as the odd twig.

                So the change of clothes were wet, my phone was drowned, and I'd be lucky if I got one shot outta that pistol.

                Oh, I had also gotten lost in the elementary school apparently—but it had looked exactly the same as the bloody pink senior buildings! I'd had to ask some random teacher with no life hanging out in his office to give me some directions, which was the most embarrassing thing I'd ever had to do.

                And I forgot my hairbrush.

                My hair was an absolute mess, little bumps and wisps sticking up all over the place, and my ponytail was falling out.

                I was a total wreck, and I swear the next person I saw I was going to punch.

                Instead of being early like I had planned—no, I was dreadfully late. Nearly twenty minutes.

                So as I opened the door to the Music Room, I batted away the flying petals threatening to send me blind and glared at boys.

                'It's a goddamned Saturday. Don't you ever take a day off from throwing rose petals at people?' I demanded, fishing them out of my hair.

                'No.' They chorused, and Tamaki grinned me from where he was lounging on a couch.

                'Where the hell is Haruhi?' I narrowed my eyes, glaring at the boys.

                'I'm just coming now!' Haruhi cried from behind me, and I turned in time to see her sprinting to the large double doors.

                I jumped out of the way as she barraged through, collapsing onto her hands and knees, gasping like she'd just run a marathon.