XXII- Summer (and Year Round) Friends

Start from the beginning

The two looked around the shop.
  "You come here often?" Diana asked.
  "No, just on occasion with my father," Draco shrugged. A particular stand caught his attention, or more accurately, the objects displayed on it. Which one suited Diana the most?

 Which one suited Diana the most?

  "Don't even think about it," Diana chuckled

  "I wouldn't give one of those as a gift," Mr. Borgin warned.
  "What do they do?" Diana asked with a curious and almost afraid expression on her face.

  "They're cursed, my dear Miss Black. They drain the life force out of a living being, and they also have the ability to steal magical powers," the man explained. "But there's almost no trace of magic on them, especially to someone who uses Dark or fairly heavily tainted powers to try and sense it."
  "I'll take four," Diana announced.
  Mr. Borgin nodded, smiling fearfully. "Which ones would you like?"
  "The silver pin,the magenta-pink pin,the wine-colored necklace, and the peridot necklace," Diana replied confidently.
  "Two galleons and a knut," Borgin replied.
  "That's all?"
  "I've reduced the price for you, after all, both of you have got some.... influential mutual family friends," Mr. Borgin said carefully.
  "Which are you speaking of specifically? Don't worry, I won't tell," Diana murmured.
  "Bellatrix Lestrange,Fenrir Greyback, and even the Dare family to name a few," the man replied.
  "Hmmm," Diana sneered. She handed Borgin the money and took what she wanted. "Thank you, Mr. Borgin. It was a pleasure doing business with you," Diana smirked.
  "Thank you for your business, Miss Black," he smiled, still afraid, as Diana pocketed what she had bought.
  As they left, Draco curiously asked,"What did you buy those things for? Who are you going to use them on?"
  "I don't know. But I have a feeling I'm going to need these at some point in my life," Diana sighed.
  "Diana, I know what Dark powers are, but what are "tainted powers"?" Draco asked.
  Diana thought for a second. "Everyone's powers are different, but they all start out fairly light. If you corrupt them enough, and continue to corrupt them, your powers become Dark," Diana began. "But if you stop using Darkness, they only become tainted. But how tainted they become depends upon what it is that you did. However, that taint can fade a bit over time. Every hand magic practitioner's powers start out a very light color. Mine started out an almost white blue, and then turned a more dark blue."
  "Interesting," Draco murmured laconically. "Are your powers tainted?" Draco asked.
  Diana looked down at her legs. "Only a little."
  "Diana," Draco murmured. "What did you do?"
  "I practiced a few Dark spells in order to learn a few concepts, and.... I've considered using one of the Unforgivable Curses," Diana admitted.
  "Which one, Ana?" Draco asked.
  "The Cruciatus Curse," Diana whispered. "The torture curse. I wanted to use it on Lord Voldemort, so badly."
  "That's completely understandable," Draco nodded. 
  "Now let's see what other terrible things we could get into," Diana laughed.
  "Alright, come on," Draco laughed along, leading her to a shop called "Lady Ursula's Poisons and Venoms".

The two walked in, to be greeted by a small yet beautiful woman in wine red robes.
  "What can I do for you two today?" she asked.
  "Just looking," Draco shrugged.

Diana walked over to a shelf of snake venoms. All of them were lethal. Eventually, Diana decided  that she didn't need any more poison, since she already had some, which was just sitting at the bottom of her trunk, just waiting to kill. Diana and Draco headed back to Diagon Alley, were they said their goodbyes and Diana started walking back to wait for the bus. This was the best day she'd had all summer, and it was the end of July. Something told her it wasn't going to get much better than today.