XXII- Summer (and Year Round) Friends

Start from the beginning

  "Something fairly simple to go with your uniform," he shrugged."And I know how irritated and, frankly, anal you get when you're studying or making a potion and your hair gets in the way."
  Diana laughed. "Always thinking about everything, I see," she thought aloud, pocketing the small beautiful box.
  He shrugged. "See? I knew you'd like it."
  "God, I wish the Dursleys were this sentimental."
  Draco sighed. "I'm not sentimental, I just like decorating my surroundings. Maybe I get it from my mother."

The two had almost finished their ice creams. There really wasn't much to talk about. Diana's summer was mundane and simple as usual, and Draco's was sad and lonely as usual. It was better to just think about this one small escape from all of that as opposed to the sadness of everyday life. Diana felt sorry for Draco, since he was an only child in such an almost dreary household. Diana often disagreed with Harry, but at least he cared about her, and was another human being that was consistently around.
  "So, where would you like to go?" Diana asked Draco once they were finished.
  "I honestly don't care, it's up to you," he shrugged.
  "How about Ollivander's?"
  "Ollivander's?" Draco asked, dumbfounded.
  "I need another wand, I found another set of rings that I wanted to enchant," she explained.

  "Also, I'd like to ask Mr

  "Also, I'd like to ask Mr. Ollivander a couple questions."
  "Alright, then."

They walked to the shop.
  "Mr. Ollivander?" Diana called.
  He came in quickly on his flying ladder. "Miss Black? Good to see you, my dear. How's the wand?" he asked.
  "Thank you, sir. And it's been good. Professor Snape actually had to merge it," Diana explained.
  Ollivander stared. "He merged it?"
Diana nodded. "Yes, he did."
  "Well, may I have a look?" he asked.

She nodded, taking off the sapphire rings and handing them to him.
  "Beautiful," he murmured. He held them up to his ear. "Incredible. What brings you hear today?" he asked.
  "Well, I need another wand, I have another set that I need to merge," she explained.
  "Alright," the man smiled. "Let's see." "Er, try this one. Walnut, 12 and a half inch,dragon heartstring, and very quick," he smiled.
  Diana held the wand in her hand. "Lumos."

The wand immediately lit up, and very brightly.
"Nox."
  "That was quick. I suppose that'll be the one then," Mr. Ollivander smiled.

Diana payed, and she and Draco left the wand shop.
  "What's next?" Draco asked.
"You choose," Diana offered.
  "Alright. Borgin and Burkes'," Draco grinned.
  Diana laughed. "I would probably do better in there than you."
  "Let's find out then, shall we?"

The pair made their way to the Dark Arts Shop, careful not to be seen. Knockturn Alley was not a place you wanted to be recognized from. The two entered the shop, immediately seen by Mr. Borgin.
  "Mr. Malfoy," he nodded. "Haven't brought a filthy Mudblood, have you?"
  "I'm pureblooded, thank you very much, I just happened to be passing through Muggle streets," Diana huffed. "I'm Diana Black, nice to meet you."
  "Ah, a Black! The Black family is very well-respected, especially here. Sorry for the misunderstanding, Miss."
  "It's fine," Diana shrugged.
  "Take as much time as you need, I'll be back out in a bit," Borgin offered somewhat fearfully.