AFter Breaking Dawn... Chapter 28

Ahh. Sorry guys.

Nothings making sense, so I hear.

But thats probably because I haven't been re-reading the chapters lately, since I'm working on my other version of breaking dawn, EOY school projects and reading books.

It'll improve, soon.

Until then, try to dechiper it, and post questions as comments, and I'll try and get back to you - no promises. But if someone else gets it, feel free to comment back and explain it?[:

You guys are amazing!

Enjoy,

Vote, fan, etc.[:

-Amber

CHAPTER 28

JACOB BLACK

I watched the street signs fade from the light road. All was black, other then what illumination the car light's gave off. It was close to midnight, and we'd just left the airport. I was dying to see my love; my Renesmee. Edward and Bella were in the front seat, Edward driving, then Blair, Alice and Rosalie in the seat behind them, and in the far back I was stuck with Emmett and Jasper.

My phone, the one that the Cullens' had bought me, started vibrating in my pocket. I sighed, anxious and hoping it was Renesmee, and pulled it from my pocket. Not Renesmee, but Carlisle. Something was bound to be good. Something about my Renesmee. "Hello?" I answered brilliantly, knowing everyone in this car would hear every word spoken. "Jacob? Its Carlisle. Have you left the airport yet?" he sounded.. Frantic, worried even. I was suddenly more anxious then before. "Uh, yeah, we just left. Whats up doc?" I said casually, not trying to be so uptight, but knowing Jasper felt it, and Edward and Alice just knew.

Carlisle paused for a moment, a whispered conversation to someone beside him, and then he replied. "Go back to the airport, and get on the next flight you can to Bellingham, or even Seattle. Renesmee and Rachel are hear, but one of them is in bad condition." I felt a pang of something worse then fear twist inside of me, something worse then anything I could've thought. Which one was it? Was it my Renesmee? I had nothing against Rachel, but please don't let it be my Renesmee. "What happened?" I asked, my lips willing themselves to speak.

Again, he paused. "Renesmee." he coughed. The air around me became thick, and the atmosphere tense. Renesmee. She was hurt, and I wasn't there to protect her when I should have been. "Esme.. She had ordered some new gardening equipment, and she was opening the packages at her desk in the bedroom. She heard.. smelt.. the girls come, so she had taken the garden sheers in her hand, and opened the bedroom door. Little did she know, Renesmee was opening it from the other side, and the tip of the sheers cut into Renesmees forehead. She fell down, straight down, causing the laceration to go from chin to hairline before Esme knew.

"The impact of her fall, how this happened I don't know, the physics of it just don't match, broke her ankle. I came home as soon as Esme called me.. Nessie was unconscious when I got here, I really don't know why that occurred, either, but I stitched her up and put a brace on the ankle. She.. Didn't want to go to the hospital, so now shes asleep in your bed. Nobody's allowed in there. Nobody except for you. Strict orders on that, as well. But Jacob, we're so sorry. Please, don't be angry at Esme. It really was an accident." I couldn't speak. I couldn't move. I could only listen to Carlisle's feeble attempts to get me to speak, and listen to Esme's dry sobbing on the other end of the phone.

Renesmee. A laceration. From her chin to her hairline. A broken bone. Her ankle. My heart felt as though it was about to burst, and I knew it was nothing compared to the pain that Renesmee had felt. I welcomed this pain, I welcomed it as punishment for not being there for Renesmee. For not protecting her like I should have.