After Breaking Dawn... Chapter 41

This is a little, short chapter with info about everything going on back at the Cullen household.. I hope you enjoyyyyyyyyy it. If you don't.. Well, okay.

But yeah, this is total BS just to add "time" to the honey moon.

Okay. I hope you like it... Bye!

xoxo

Amber

CHAPTER 41

Rachel Cullen

I laid across Ciaran's lap lazily, not sure what to do with myself. Renesmee and Jake had been gone for over a two weeks alerady. Ciaran kept asking where they went, but I just shrugged and said vacation. He seemed totally skeptical.

"What do you want to do?" Ciaran asked, playing with my hair. I smiled at him and shook my head. I wasn't in the mood to do much of anything.

"I don't know, but whatever we do can't last more than an hour. I have to be home.." I frowned, not really upset. I loved spending time with Ciaran, but I also loved spending time with all of the Cullens'. They were all very sweet to me; even Rosalie, until my being human messed something up.

I remember one night Edward explained her to me, kind of. He said that she wished deeply to be human, but could not be. She loathed Bella when she was still mortal (I didn't see how; Bella was fantastic) but things got better because of Renesmee. That made me smile; Renesmee was a great person, and she fixed family issues before she was really born.

Ciaran's voice pulled me back to reality.

"There's something funky with your family, but they're cool." I shrugged the accusation off; he didn't know anything he didn't need to, so I wasn't about to inform him. "They kind of seem like the undead." I laughed aloud because he was so right, but he didn't know it. Ciaran laughed, too. "That'd be pretty cool though, to be a vampire. If I was a vampire I wouldn't know what to do with myself.. I don't think I could drink a persons blood and kill them. I'd rather drink like, a cow's blood or something.." he laughed; I didn't this time. I actually sat up off of his lap and looked at him.

"You honestly have too much freetime in that head of yours." I tapped his head, smiling. He smiled, too. "You should join a sports team or a club." I laughed again, feeling seriously nervous.

There was a quick knock on the door. I sighed and stood up; probably one of the Cullens here to collect me, possibly Alice or Edward. Maybe they were around, and heard where the conversation was going.

Ciaran's brother slid down the stair railing and opened the door. Surprsingly, Esme and Carlisle stood at the door. Ciaran and I walked towards the door.

"I know we said eight, but something came up and we're going to visit family." Carlisle's cool voice was calm and smooth. Ciaran seemed skeptical. "Your grandfather has fallen ill.." Carlisle's voice took on a more solemn tone; I nodded, not sure if he was talking about my family, Bella's family, or their vampire family. I hugged Ciaran and told him I'd call him.

His eyes were sad as I looked back. I knew he was sure something was up, and I also knew that he wanted me to tell him. I couldn't, though. I absolutely could not.

****

The grandfather sickness was a lie, as I assumed. Nobody was sick, but we were still leaving.

"Charlie is my father," Bella explained to me as she took out a spoon from the kitchen drawer to stir the marinara sauce with. She wrinkled her nose. "My biological father. He lives in Forks, Washington. We've decided to go pay him, and Jacob's pack, a visit."

I nodded, carefully making sense of things. Charlie was actually Bella's dad, and Jacob's pack consisted of biological family members, and "brothers" who were his fellow wolves (shapeshifters).

"Okay, cool. When are we leaving?" I asked, taking a sip of my water. Emmett walked in the kitchen with a suitcase. I nodded. "Soon, then?" I asked. He smiled a mischevious smile. I shook my head.

"I'll go pack, then.." I started to get up off of the bench, but Alice's voice stopped me.

"No need to. That's what this is." she pointed at the massive suitcase Emmett carried into the kitchen. I should have known.

I pulled out my cell phone. I had three texts from Ciaran.

Is your grandfather really sick?

I wish you would talk to me about everything.

I'm sorry if I'm being pushy. I just want to understand everything I guess.

I sighed and told him everything was okay, but that my grandfather was ill. I completely ignore the "talk about everything" part, as if he never said it.

I eventually moved from the bench to the sofa in the living room, paitently waiting for my vampire chef Bella to tell me to come eat.

Nobody ever really let me make my own food. I didn't really care, though.

Eventually my mind went to Jacob and Renesmee. I wondered where they were, and if they'd be home soon. I didn't care to ask, though, because I figured nobody really knew.

Edward came and sat down beside me. He smiled and nodded, probably thinking along with my thoughts.

"They shouldn't be much longer. Jacob said so yesterday." he was looking out the windows, his eyes searching for something that he either couldn't find, or that wasn't there. He'd been like that since' the Taylor incident.. I pushed that thought from my mind.

He seemed to have ignored that thought as well.

After eating the pasta dish Bella cooked, I went to my and Renesmee's room. I tried not to spend a lot of time in there, because it made me miss Renesmee more and more. I wanted her to hurry home. I sat down on my bed and pulled my leg straight. It was still in a brace, but I didn't really notice it.

I relaxed for a few more minutes before I got up and changed. Jasper had booked our flight for eleven fifteen tonight, so I decided to be comfortable in a pair of pants and a blazer. I wasn't going to try very hard.

In the closet I couldn't help but smell Renesmee. Her scent was very light and hardly there.. I tried to push the thought of my best friend and sister from my mind. She'd be back soon, I reminded myself.

"Not soon enough.." I mumbled aloud, looking through the racks of clothes..

It was early in the morning when we landed in Port Angeles. I wasn't awake at all, so Alice drug me through the airport and to the car. I only remember seeing a big white house in a meadow before I was out for good.

We were obviously in Forks now, where Bella's father and Jacob's packed lived. I would see everyone tomorrow, when I was awake. I idly wondered if Renesmee and Jake would be here, but I was too tired to pursue the thought. I was far too tired.