After Breaking Dawn... Chapter 8

Okay, so this is one of the longer chapters. Second longest.

I know a lot of you are hoping that I will make these chapter's longer, and I want you to know that I would too.

I write until the point of that particular chapter is brought across, with some lingering details, of course.

Please, become my fan if you like, comment to tell me what you think and vote if you like it as well!

Remember this is my own version, this has nothing to do in relation to Steph!

Enjoy!

CHAPTER 8: IM STRONGER THEN WE KNEW

RENESMEE CULLEN

We sat in the living room of Rachel's father- ex father to be exact- for

at least an hour.

I wasn't up in the gist of the discussion, I was zoned out on the sofa, thinking. Wondering how it was that I met this girl this morning, and now she was my sister. Technically, if she new the whole story, she'd be my aunt. But she didn't, and its the public story that counts. Besides that I wondered how Esme and Carlisle had finalized the adoption so quickly, I thought these things took days, weeks even. Then I realized that I may not want to know, and forgot about the whole thing. I looked at the time on my cell phone, it was eleven fifteen at night. I sighed my eyes, heavy with exhaustion. "Esme, its eleven at night. I haven't done my homework, but I guess that's not important. The fact that we have school tomorrow, that may be a little more important then the homework..." I said, trailing off back into my thoughts. Esme's voice brought me back to reality, for the moment. "I understand, but tomorrow you and Rachel will stay home with me. Your father and I have already discussed it, its been quite the night for the two of you. But your brothers and sisters will go to school, and your father to work. We'll bond, spend some girl time." She told me, and then looked at her watch. "But I assume you are right, it is quite late." She said to me, and then turned to the social worker, "Would you mind if we carried on with this at a more reasonable hour? The girls look like their about to fall asleep." Rachel smiled at Esme, weakly. "Absolutely." the woman replied, standing up. "Ill call you tomorrow at say, five?" Esme nodded and the woman left. "Come on, lets go." Carlisle said, smiling. He held the door for us, and Rachel and I got in my car, Esme in the Volvo, and Carlisle in his. We followed Carlisle out, with Esme behind us.

"What an eventful day, ey?" Rachel said, grinning at me. "Quite." I replied, a smug smile on my face. I wondered if she would become a vampire? I cringed away from the thought. No, no she wouldn't want that. I don't even know if she'll find out. We pulled in the driveway where Jasper and Alice were waiting. Alice opened Rachel's door, and Jasper mine. I smiled at him, and heard Alice speaking to Rachel. "I'm so sorry about.. well you know.. But I am more then excited that you'll be staying with us!" Alice's voice went from sorrow to one of overwhelming joy. I smiled to myself as Jasper walked around to the door where the girls were standing, his arm over my shoulder. We walked inside, and Rose, Emmett, my mom and dad were all waiting, smiling. I was looking for Jake, and my dad pointed to the couch, Jake was out cold. I smiled back at my 'brothers' and my 'sisters'. "Welcome home, Rachel, Renesmee." My father said, and Rachel smiled slightly. "We're dead beat. Mind if we go to sleep?" I asked, almost pleaded. My mom walked over to us. "Absolutely, now Rachel don't be afraid, but Alice has already decked out a bedroom for you." She pretended to cringe at the thought, and Rachel laughed lightly. "Thank you. So much. I owe you everything." Rachel said, and my mom smiled again. "You are welcome. And you don't owe us anything." she said, taking Rachel in her arms. "Come on, lets go upstairs." Esme said, taking Rachel up in her arms.