After Breaking Dawn... Chapter 13

Okay, yes it has been FOREVER.

I'm sorry.

I'm also sorry about the cliff-hanger.

But.. Its absolutely nessacary. [:

Hope you like it, I'm working on 14 as soon as I'm done with this!

Enjoy,

-Amber

CHAPTER 13: OLD NIGHTMARES

RACHEL CULLEN

I woke up to a sound that I hadn't come accustomed to before, the sound of a baby crying.

It became apparent that nobody was awake, other then the baby and myself. I was in bed before anyone, beside's Renesmee and the little ones, so I wasn't too tired. It had to be before six in the morning, and I didn't plan on risking the sleep of anyone else. I pulled myself out of bed, eager for once, to get whichever child was in hysterics. I stood up, and just my luck, the other one woke up. I reached into the crib and pulled a baby girl in my arms, Alana, and she automatically stopped fussing. The other one, Kade, just began to go into his own round of hysterics. I knelt down and scooped him up as well. I had a feeling that the moment I left the room they would need a diaper change, so while juggling these two I pulled a diaper bag over my shoulder and patted off towards the massive bathroom. I sat the little boy, a toddler actually, onto his feet knowing he wouldn't mind for a moment. He didn't, he began exploring the bathroom. I put the little girl on the floor, which forgive me, wasn't the brightest idea but I had to pee. I did what I had to do, and picked her back up again. As expected, she stunk. I took her to the little round sofa to change her, I knew Emily wouldn't mind. She'd actually be pretty happy.

After taking care of the two little guys needs I took them to my closet so I could put something half-appropriate on, there were guests after all. While I was changing there was a light knock on the closet door, "Come in." I whispered, and in stepped Rosalie. "Edward said that you had woken up and you might want a little help with the kids?" she asked, clearly for permission. I smiled, "Im alright if you were busy. I'll be downstairs in a second." I said, pulling the dress I had chosen over my head. She smiled and nodded, "I wasn't doing anything." she told me, smiling at Kade now. I smiled at her as I picked up Alana and the baby bag. "Then maybe you could get Kade?" I asked, and she was a step ahead of me. We walked down the stairs together, I was surprised she kept pace with me, but she did. "Morning there." Esme said, grinning at me. I smiled "Morning." I replied as we walked into the kitchen. Alana was playing with my hair, which made me laugh. "Up early enough?" Emmett asked, walking in from the backyard. I rolled my eyes, "No. I was going to get up at about four to come and party with you." I said sarcastically, and he laughed. I sat down at the breakfast bar and placed the baby bag on the counter. "Esme, can I ask you a question?" I said, and Edward laughed. That got seriously annoying. "Sure, anything dear." she said, standing in front of me. "Whose adopted child am I?" I asked, and she laughed a little.

She stepped around the bar and stood beside me, "Edward and Bella's." she said, brushing her finger across Alana's hand. I looked back at Edward, whom was eyeing me carefully, "Hey daddy." I said sarcastically, everyone laughed; including myself. I blinked once and there he was, right beside me. I smiled at him and he smiled at me. "You're something else, you know that.." I mumbled to him, and I felt his hand on my shoulder. "Aren't we all? Aren't we all.." he murmured. I couldn't help but smile, and think of how much I love this family. Bad on my part, he's a mind reader. He laughed at me, or my thoughts. Either was I was being laughed at. "I'm not laughing at you, dear." He said, and I rolled my eyes. "Emmett's thinking about getting an air horn and going upstairs to wake all of the girls up. He wants me to go wake all the wolves up, but we all know that wouldn't turn out too well for me now would it?" I had to laugh at that, then Emmett came over. "I'll make you a deal, you can wake the girls up and I'll get the wolves?" he proposed, and I saw it forming in his eyes. He was going to do it, and by the grin on his face I was right. "I'll get the air horns." Emmett said, and Esme looked at him with a disapproving scowl.