Chapter 50

A week later, Kasey was at the airport. Vanessa's flight had just landed, and she was bringing Alaina from the UK.

Kasey was nervous, to be sure. Alaina was going to be her sister, except for the fact that Paul and Wendy died. 

She was waiting outside of the airport. She'd purposefully dressed normally. She didn't want to pretend that she was someone she was not.

So she wore her usual outfit- a sweater, leggings, boots, and knitted socks. 

She peered over the people who were leaving the airport, scanning for Vanessa. She was really too short to look over people's heads, so it was more looking through the crowd to spot Vanessa's hair. 

Finally, she spotted her friend, who was hand in hand with a blonde haired girl. The girl looked to be about eleven or twelve, maybe, and looked a little shy. Kasey was, too, the first time she went to the United States.

Vanessa and Alaina drew closer. Kasey walked over to meet them.

"Alaina, this is Kasey," Vanessa said. "She was going to be your big sister."

Kasey smiled at Alaina. "Hi, Alaina."

"You're my sister?" Alaina asked, tilting her head to the side. Kasey nodded. It was refreshing to hear a British accent again. She hadn't heard one since... since Wendy and Paul died. It was a little hard to hear, but at the same time, it made Kasey feel so much more at home. 

"It's complicated, but yes," Kasey told her. 

"If you ever need anything, you can talk to Kasey if you want," Vanessa added. "Even though I'm fostering you, Kasey's going to hang out with you a lot."

Kasey nodded again. "If you want advice, or if you want to sing together, or get a tour backstage, just text me. I'll give you my number."

Alaina smiled shyly. "I was excited to meet you," she said. "They told me a lot about you."

"I'm glad you're excited. I'm excited, too," Kasey said. "We can be sisters. You can be my Schuyler Sister."

Alaina beamed this time. "You're in Hamilton, right?"

"Right."

"I've listened to the album a lot. They all have really pretty voices."

"I think they do, too. Especially Pippa and Renee. I'll introduce you to them sometime," Kasey offered. Alaina nodded.

Kasey quickly typed her number into Alaina's phone. 

"No matter what time it is, if you need anything, or want to talk, just text or call me," Kasey instructed. 

"Okay," Alaina agreed. 

"Alaina, I'm going to take you to the house so you can get all of your things unpacked and settle in. You can meet Lin and Sebastian," Vanessa said. Alaina nodded. "If you want, we can see the show tonight. Only if you're up for it."

"Yeah," Alaina said instantly.

"Awesome," Kasey said. "I'll take you backstage after. We can hang out and you can meet Pippa, Jazzy, Renee and Carleigh."

"See you later, Kasey," Vanessa said, leading Alaina away. Alaina turned around to give one last wave to Kasey before getting into the car.

~~~~~~~~

It was the first show with the new corrections. Kasey was excited- she liked the choreography that they had added. 

It went a lot better than the last show, but it was a little chaotic backstage because people ended up on sides of the stage that they usually didn't end up in. There was a lot of bolting across backstage. 

There were a lot of near collisions, but everyone turned out okay. Kasey figured that they would sort out the backstage issues with time. After all, it had taken them a while to get into the swing of things when they first started on Broadway. 

The show ended and they all took their final bows.

Afterwards, Kasey went to the door connecting backstage and the main theatre, where Vanessa and Alaina were meeting.

"How did you like the show?" Kasey asked Alaina.

"It was amazing," Alaina said. 

"Do you want to come and look at backstage?" 

Alaina nodded. Kasey opened the door wider and led Alaina onto the stage. 

"Carleigh, this is Alaina," Kasey said, tapping Carleigh on the shoulder. Carleigh turned around.

"Hey, Alaina! Welcome to the US!" Carleigh exclaimed. "I'm so excited that you're here! Now we have another small Brit running around the theatre!"

Kasey rolled her eyes. "Not all Brits are small, Carleigh."

"Yeah, but you and Alaina are. Actually, she's basically about as tall as you. You're just jealous."

"I am not, Carleigh," Kasey laughed. 

"Whatever you say, Kasey," Carleigh shot back. "Come on, Alaina, I'll show you the quick-change room." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

50 chapters later... wow. lots of love to you all!