Chapter 13

Kasey absolutely loved Tangled. She especially liked Kaitlyn Knox, who played Pascal. The interpretation of that character was so well done. But Jace was the one that Kasey enjoyed the most. He played Flynn as the heroic but somewhat selfish hero that was in the movie, but he somehow made Flynn a much more caring character than Kasey had thought. It cast Flynn in a new light. And Jace was a phenomenal actor and singer.

Kasey waited in the lobby until everyone had filed out. Jace had clearly told the security that she was allowed to stay after, because they didn't even give her a weird look when she didn't leave. Jace finally emerged from backstage, but in a light grey shirt and jeans.

"What did you think?" he asked eagerly.

"It was beautiful. It's so classic. Even though Hamilton is wonderful, there's still something enchanting about old-fashioned fairy tales," Kasey said. "You were amazing."

Jace smiled. "Thank you. I had hoped that you'd like it. If you want, I can show you backstage and you can meet some of the cast members."

"That would be amazing," Kasey admitted.

Jace guided her backstage and took her through the halls until they reached the stage. Kasey could look up and see all the scenery they used during the show. Some of the cast members were still milling about, including the actress who played Rapunzel.

"Araella, this is Kasey. Kasey, Araella. I mistook Kasey for you, Araella," Jace said, introducing them. Araella beamed and stuck out her hand.

"Nice to meet you. I've heard about you in Hamilton. It sounds like you guys are doing a wonderful job over there. I wish I could be a part of it," Araella said. Kasey smiled.

"You were so amazing," she said. "I love how you played Rapunzel."

"Aww, thank you," Araella said. She turned to Jace. "Well, I'm meeting my boyfriend, so I'm going to leave. It was nice meeting you, Kasey!"

Jace grabbed someone by the elbow and pulled her over to Kasey. "Kasey, meet Kaitlyn Knox, our Tony nominated Pascal."

Kaitlyn shot a glare at Jace. "You're such a bragger, Jace," she said, rolling her eyes. She stuck out her hand. "Nice to meet you. Did you like the show?"

"I loved it. I love Pascal so much! I'm so glad they gave you solos," Kasey gushed.

"I'm glad, too. Pascal is so underrated," Kaitlyn laughed. "What's your name? I didn't catch it before."

"Oh, I'm Kasey Winslow," Kasey said. Kaitlyn raised her eyebrows.

"The Hamilton Kasey Winslow, I presume? Jace has been talking about you non-stop, no pun intended. I love your show- I was lucky enough to snag a ticket," Kaitlyn told her. "Your show is definitely going to be Tony nominated."

"We hope so," Kasey said. "If not, the amount of Tony's doesn't always reflect the strength of a show. Look at Finding Neverland."

"That show is my life," Kaitlyn laughed. "The music is goals."

"I agree," Kasey said. Jace tugged on Kasey's arm. "Goodbye, Kaitlyn. Jace is getting impatient." Kaitlyn shot a glare at Jace.

"Give me your phone," she said. She quickly typed in her number and handed it back to Kasey. "Keep in touch. You're pretty cool, and having someone to send me secret behind-the-scenes Hamilton photos may prove useful."

Kasey laughed. "I definitely will," she said. "It was amazing experience, thank you."

Kaitlyn smiled and waved as Jace dragged Kasey further backstage. He showed her the ensemble dressing rooms. The guys waved and chorused 'hello', while the girls came up to shake hands and talk about the show.

Jace also showed her his dressing room, which he had chosen to paint the color of Flynn Rider's dark blue vest.

"It's a lot bigger than the ensemble dressing room," Kasey said. "And definitely bigger than the ensemble quick-change room."

"You guys have an ensemble quick-change room?" Jace asked in surprise.

Kasey sighed. "Yeah, we do."

Jace frowned, noticing Kasey's sudden change in demeanor. "What's wrong with having a quick-change room?"

"It just has been causing a lot of drama in our cast lately, and I'm in the middle of it. It's extremely frustrating but it's a long story," Kasey told him. Jace led her out of the dressing room and locked the door.

"I have plenty of time," Jace said. "We could go check out that new dessert place down the street. Kaitlyn told me that they have really good cake."

Kasey checked her phone for the time. "I actually have to go to my apartment. I'm supposed to be calling someone," she said, disappointed. "Maybe tomorrow? I have a show at 8, so I could probably meet you around 11:15."

Jace nodded. "That should be fine with me. Our show goes until about 10:00, so that gives me plenty of time."

They were at the entrance to the theatre now. Kasey stepped outside and waved goodbye. "Thank you for the ticket, Jace. It was an amazing show."

"Anytime," Jace said, waving back. Then, Kasey disappeared around the corner.