Chapter 6

Pippa was lying down on the couch with her head in Jazzy's lap while Jazzy played with Pippa's hair. Renee was drinking tea and texting her children.

"Your hair is so pretty, Pippa," Jazzy commented. "I want your hair."

"Aw, Jazzy. Yours so beautiful though," Pippa protested. "Honestly, I love it." Renee laughed at the two of them and sipped her tea.

"You two are adorable," she said.

There was a knock at the dressing room door.

"Come in!" Renee called. In stepped Megan.

"Megan," Jazzy exclaimed, exchanging glances with Pippa and Renee. They really didn't like Megan that much. She seemed egotistical and from what they'd heard from Carleigh, she bullied tiny Kasey around constantly.

Megan wrung her hands nervously. "Um, there's a problem in the ensemble cubbies. Everything's destroyed down there. All the Patriot jackets were dipped in bleach and a lot of belongings were smashed."

Pippa sat up. "What?"

"You have to see," Megan said. Pippa, Jazzy, and Renee followed Megan downstairs and gasped when they saw what had been left there.

"What happened?!" Renee exclaimed.

"I don't know. I came here to get my water bottle and ran into Kasey. I asked her what happened and she just kind of ran away," Megan said hurriedly. "I don't think anyone went in there after the show, and I didn't see anyone else here."

"You have to show Lin and the stage manager," Renee said instantly. "They have to know about this. It will definitely impact the show tonight."

"Do you know who did this?" Jazzy demanded.

"Honestly?" Megan said hesitantly. "I think it was Kasey. She doesn't really like most of us and I think she hates the show because she's British. None of the British redcoats were touched."

Pippa and Renee exchanged glances. Kasey? Sweet, kind, adorable Kasey? She was always so energetic and caring. Pippa couldn't picture Kasey sabotaging the show on purpose. She'd never shown any signs of hating Hamilton... and yet, the cubby labeled 'KASEY WINSLOW' was untouched. A picture Pippa had never seen before was hung on the back of the cubby, positioned in a way that once Kasey took her redcoat off the hook, she would see it.

It was a picture of a little girl and boy standing with their parents in front of a cozy house. It was snowy. They looked happy.

"She's been acting weird for a while," Megan added. "I didn't know why. I thought maybe she just missed home, you know? None of us would purposely damage anything here. It's part of our heritage. Maybe she just hates the show because it bashes England."

But Kasey? Generous Kasey, who brought everyone candles on opening night? It seemed ridiculous, Pippa thought.

"Tell Lin, and he'll find out who did it," Renee urged Megan.

"Okay," Megan agreed.

~~~

Pippa almost forgot about the ensemble disaster after that, until Lin came into the Schuyler Sisters' dressing room about three hours before the show. He sat down with a sigh.

"What do you think about the vandalism?" he asked the three sisters. Pippa thought. "Megan told me about what happened and she showed me the evidence. Police are examining the tapes now. Megan seems to think that Kasey was responsible."

"I don't know what to think anymore," Pippa admitted. "It's hard to believe that anyone with access to this theatre would do something like this, and Kasey is such a sweetheart."

"We'll see what the video says. At the moment, it does point to Kasey," Lin said, rubbing his forehead.

"What are you doing about the props and costumes that were ruined?" Renee asked.

"I requested that all the ensemblists bring in a large white button down shirt. We won't be using the blue jackets for this performance. The people who made all of our costumes are making more jackets as quickly as possible," Lin said, running a hand through his hair.

"I hope this resolves itself quickly," Jazzy said. "We can't deal with this much drama."

"The drama is only part of it. This could get expensive if whoever did this gets away with it again," Lin added. "I have a hard time believing that anyone from this cast would ever do something like this."

~~~~~~~~

A/N: 

WHERE I LIVE WE'RE GETTING A LOT OF SNOW TOMORROW AND I'M SO PUMPED AHHH

~darkdisrepair