Chapter 27

Carleigh looked slightly taken aback. Kasey usually didn't keep secrets from Carleigh, and she could see that her friend was trying to figure out what it was.

"I, um, actually applied for dual citizenship, and the organization just got back to me. I'm taking the test in January, and if I pass, I'll be able to get dual citizenship," Kasey said. For a split second, Carleigh was quiet, then-

"Oh my God, that's amazing!" Carleigh said, hugging her immediately. "Why didn't you tell me you were applying for dual citizenship?"

"I wanted to surprise you, but now I'm starting to think that you're gonna have to help me study," Kasey laughed.

"Kasey Winslow, you're going to be an American citizen! When were you going to tell the cast?"

"I don't know, I wanted to surprise them, too. I already checked and the date I take the test is a show date, and I also have to go in for an interview. I think it's to look at character and to see if I'd be a good citizen," Kasey said.

"That's so wonderful, Kasey," Patricia said. "We can prepare some study materials for you this week. Flashcards, and perhaps a trivia game of some sort. It'll be fun."

"You're not the one who's going to have to memorize American history," Kasey laughed.

"Hey, but at least you know the American revolutionary war," Carleigh reminded her. "You can just literally sing through the show in your head and you'd know everything."

"Not really, since it really only covers what happened to Alexander Hamilton. They don't even really talk about the Declaration of Independence," Kasey countered. "The whole test is not going to be 'write a ten page essay on the life of Alexander Hamilton and those close to him', even if I wish it were."

"How much of American history do you know?" Carleigh asked.

"We learned about the Stone and Iron Ages, the Roman Empire, the Anglo-Saxon and Scottish settlements, the Viking raids, Church and state, the Renaissance, the American colonization, the Reformation, the French Revolution, the expansion of the British Empire, some about America leaving Britain, both World Wars, the Great Depression, and Britain's role in world politics," Kasey listed off. "Our history classes really only line up with what I've heard about American history when we learn about the American revolution and the World Wars."

"Wow, that sounds intense," Carleigh commented.

"It's really not that bad. It makes more sense if you actually live in Britain and grew up British," Kasey said, laughing.

"Alright. We'll finish up here and then we'll start teaching you American History."