Chapter 45

Kasey arrived at the theatre just as people were coming out of the theatre. She tried to dodge everyone to get to the stage door, but some fans, thinking that she was just a pushy audience member, protested as she hurried by.

"Get in line with everyone else," one man growled. 

Kasey turned around. "I would, but I have to get ready for the next show, so if you don't mind, I'd like to pass, thank you very much."

"Let her through," another guy, with gelled hair, said. "It's Kasey Winslow. She's in the show."

The man grunted but reluctantly let Kasey pass. She nodded at the gelled hair guy gratefully. She quickly typed the code in for the stage door and darted inside before anyone could yell at her. 

She scrawled a 'KW' on the sign in sheet and dashed up the stairs to the girl's dressing room. She quickly texted Morgan Marcell to tell her not to worry about the show.

"How was your test?" Carleigh asked as soon as Kasey walked in the door. Kasey looked around to check and make sure no one was paying attention. She didn't want news to get out- she wanted to surprise the audience.

"It went really well. There were one or two questions that I wasn't sure about, but I think that I'll still be able to pass," Kasey said. 

"That's great!" Carleigh squealed. "And you made it back for the next performance!"

"Yup," Kasey laughed. "I didn't want to miss out. I love the show, and I missed all of you guys."

She had a while before the next show, which was nice. Morgan, even though she no longer had to fill Kasey's track, came to hang out and tell jokes. G

It felt weird not to furiously study while she was waiting. She had grown so used to checking facts and quizzing herself. Now that the test was over, she felt kind of sad that she didn't have to study anymore. It was a welcome distraction from the stress that was going on in her life. 

Part of it was due to the fact that she was taking the test, but some of it was also the fact that Alaina was going to be arriving in the United States at some point in the next month. Lin hadn't told Kasey a specific date yet, but she knew it was coming.

"KASEEEEYY," someone called. Kasey startled out of her stupor and looked around. It was Ariana. 

"What?"

"Do you want to go get some sushi with me?" Ariana asked. "No one else wants to get sushi."

"Sorry, Ariana. I'm not feeling sushi, and also, I still have to get my mic and do my makeup and hair before the show."

"Girl, your hair is beautiful."

"It's not my show hair, though. I don't want to look like a trash ball onstage," Kasey protested.

"Kasey Winslow, you would never look like a trash ball. You're prettier than everyone even when you show up to the theatre wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt," Ariana said, smacking her on the arm. 

"You're just trying to guilt-trip me into going to get sushi with you," Kasey laughed. 

"True, but I meant it," Ariana said. 

Kasey got a text on her phone.

Jace: hey, hope the test went well. i might be coming to see your show tonight!

Kasey: wait what?!? how did you get tickets?

Jace: my family decided to go buy tickets and they bought me one too. it's their first time seeing it. my niece is coming and she's OBSESSED

Kasey: that's great! do you want me to come out and meet you guys in the lobby after the show or something?

Jace: my niece would FREAK if you did! you don't have to, i know today was stressful

Kasey: haha, no that's okay! i'd love to meet your family!

Jace: be warned, they're a little crazy

Kasey: crazy is fine :)

Kasey put her phone away and got out her makeup so that she could start getting ready for the show. Carleigh had already done hers, since she just needed to touch it up from the show before.

"Was that Jace?" Carleigh asked.

"Yeah, he and his family are coming to the show. I offered to come out and meet his niece, who's apparently obsessed with Hamilton," Kasey said, while simultaneously trying not to poke her eye out with her mascara. 

"Aww," Carleigh said. "Always being nice to the little people."

"Imagine if you had gotten to meet someone from the original Wicked production when you were a little kid," Kasey said. 

"I would want to be an actress," Carleigh said, nodding.

"Exactly. Maybe Jace's niece will be the next star and she just needs someone to encourage her a little bit."

"Think of how awesome it would be to know you influenced the next Julie Andrews," Carleigh sighed wistfully.

"Exactly," Kasey laughed.