Chapter 44

You walked into the house looking around trying to find Abby, Rocky and the twins. You run upstairs as Ross goes into the living room. The twins are in their cribs sleeping. A sigh of relief falls over you as you hear Ross yell.

“What the heck man?” Ross says freaking out finding Abby and Rocky making out on the couch. You ran downstairs and into the living room.

“What’s all the commotion about?” you ask as you reach the room.

Abby’s face went red with embarrassment. “Um, well Ross caught us making out.”

You chuckled a little, “And that’s a bad thing because?”

“They should be taking care of the twins.” Ross said a little annoyed.

“Babe, they’re upstairs in their cribs taking a nap.” You said giving him a reassuring smile. 

He ran his hands through his hair and went upstairs. You couldn’t help but laugh at what happened. Abby got up off the couch and sat by the island in the kitchen. She was still embarrassed at what just happened. So you sat next to her and placed your hand on her back.

“Don’t beat yourself up over this. Ross was just worried about his kids more than anything. Honestly, it was pretty funny.” You said trying not to laugh.

“Yeah I guess you’re right. I’ve seen you and Ross kiss all the time and when he sees me kiss his brother he freaks out. It’s almost like Ross is older than Rocky.” Both of you started laughing.

“Ross will get over it. He’s just being an overprotective father. Don’t take it personally. He’ll laugh about it later I’m sure.” The two of you stood up and you embraced her in a hug. Rocky came over standing behind Abby and cleared his throat.

“May I steal Abby for a while? I want to take her out on a special date tonight.” He said as he rocked back and forth slightly.

You shook your head laughing. “Sure, she’s all yours. Have fun.”

They walk back to her place so she can get ready for their date. You head upstairs and look for Ross. As you approach the top of the stairs you hear him playing guitar in your room. You quietly walk into the doorway and make your way to the bed. You sit beside him leaning your head against his back as you listen to him sing. It’s been almost a year since and you missed it. Tears slowly fell down your face as he played. He felt one of them soak through his shirt and stopped playing. He turned to face you putting his guitar down and wrapping you in a hug.

“Baby what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” he asked with concern.

“Nothing it’s just that you haven’t played or sang in a while. I really missed it.” He lifted your chin and looked into your eyes. He pressed his lips against yours.

“I didn’t know how much I missed it either until now. I miss writing and performing. I promise I’ll play more often.” He said as he pulled away. “Maybe you could help me finish this song. I’m stuck on this part.”

You looked over his shoulder at the paper in front of him. As you read the lyrics a smile spread across your face, you knew what it was about. You wrapped your arms around him from behind putting your hands under his shirt caressing his abs.

“I love it. Maybe you could use this line here.” No sooner you started singing the song with him adding lines here and there filling in the empty spots he needed help with.

“I didn’t know you could sing like that. Maybe you should sing this with the band when we get going again. A husband/wife duet?” he suggested as he took off his shirt allowing you to wrap your arms around him once more.

“I’ll think about it. I’m not one for crowds.” Saying as you rested your chin on his shoulder.

“Just remember you won’t be up there singing alone, I’ll be there holding your hand the whole time.” He said leaning back until his head was on your chest. You leaned down kissing the top of his head and playing with his hair. Then you lean your chin on his head and place your hands on his chest.

A few minutes later you heard one of the twins fussing. Ross got up and went to check the nursery. He picked up Elle and took care of her. You picked up his guitar and started playing the song. Soon you caught yourself singing it. You could hear Ross’ voice in your head with yours. They blended so well together. About 20 minutes later you looked up to see Ross in the doorway with Elle in his arms.

“Doesn’t mommy sound so good when she sings?” Ross said to Elle in a high pitched baby voice. Elle suddenly started clapping which made you smile.

“I think daddy sounds better when he sings.” You say in return as you take her from his arms.

He comes behind you and wraps his arms around you as you hold your daughter. He leans down and kisses her head gently.

**3 hours later**

You heard the door slam and then Abby’s voice. “Sarah, where are you? I need to talk to you.”

You run down the stairs and into the living room. You see Abby standing there with the biggest smile on her face. Slowly you walked over to where she was standing and she holds out her left hand. You look at it and see an engagement ring on her finger. Both of you shriek as you embrace her in a hug.

“Oh My Gosh!!! You’re engaged! I can’t believe it!!” you yell excitedly. Ross comes running down the stairs after hearing all of the commotion.

“What’s all the commotion about?” as soon as he asked Rocky walks through the door.

You turn to look at Ross. “They’re engaged!” he looks over at Rocky. “Dude, it’s about time.” Ross says as he hugs his brother.

“Well I had to wait a while between you two getting married and having babies there wasn’t much more room for exciting news.” Rocky answered laughing.

“Sorry man, I wasn’t trying to be center of attention. Things just kind of happened like that. I’m glad that you finally found someone to spend the rest of your life with like I did.” Ross said as he looked over at you.

“Thanks, I’m glad I found her too.” Rocky said as he kissed Abby on the forehead.