Chapter 40

** A month later**

Finally the day came where Ross would be coming home. You got ready to go pick him up and got the twins ready as well. Abby and Rydel helped you get the twins out in the car so Ross wouldn’t flip out. All of you hopped into the van and drove to the airport. It took about 15 minutes to get there. Once you arrived you took Elektra out of the car seat and Abby grabbed Jonathon. All three of you made your way into the lobby looking around for Ross. His plane should be arriving any minute. You heard over the intercom that his plane was on the ground. Butterflies filled your stomach just like the first time the 2 of you laid eyes on each other.

About 10 minutes later Ross walked through the doors with all his bags. He started looking around and immediately spotted you. He ran over to you as fast as he could with all of his bags. He soon dropped his bags and embraced you and Elektra in a hug. He kissed the top of his daughters head and then crashed his lips into yours. Then he went over to Jonathon and kissed him on his head too. He hugged Rydel and Abby, then got down on his knees and kissed you stomach which made you laugh a little.

“I’m so glad to be home.” He said leaning his head against yours smiling.

“I’m glad you’re home with us.”

He picked up his bags and all of you headed to the van to go home. On the way back Ross drove and you sat in the front passenger seat. He held your hand intertwining your fingers together with his. It felt so good to have him next to you again. He pulled up in the driveway and everyone got out of the van. Riker and Rocky came out of the house to help carry his bags in so he could carry his son inside. He walked in the door to see a welcome home banner across the doorway. Then he walked into the living room to see all his friends and family happy to see him home. Stormie ran over to her son and embraced him in a hug.

“It’s good to see you home sweetie. Your kids missed you as you can tell.” She said as she looked over at Jonathon snuggled up on his shoulder. A smile spread across Ross’ face as he kissed the top of his head. You come up behind him placing your arm around his waist while holding Elle in your other arm. He leaned down and kissed the top of your head gently, then kissed Elle on her head.

“So does everyone else know besides the family that we’re you know?” He whispered.

“Not yet, you can have the honor of doing so if you’d like.” You looked up at him smiling.

He placed his free hand on your stomach then cleared his throat to get everyone’s attention. “I have an announcement to make. Sarah and I are expecting another baby in 8 months.” He smiled brightly.

Everyone that didn’t know came over to the two of you and congratulated you. The rest of the day consisted of spending time with family and friends. You asked Rydel for help with the twins so you could put both of them down for a nap. She took Jonathon and you carried Elle. As soon as they were asleep the two of you walked back downstairs to the gathering. You looked around for Ross and as soon as you found him you wrapped your arms around his waist. He looked down and pulled you around to his front so you could join the conversation. He wrapped his arms around your waist resting his hands on your stomach while leaning his head on yours. You placed your arms over his, resting your hands over his and your head against his chest. It felt so good to have him holding you once more.

**3 hours later**

The gathering ended and everyone but family left. Everyone started cleaning up, but as usual Ross wouldn’t let you do too much. A little later Abby and Rocky went to her place to spend some time together. The rest of the family soon left so you and Ross were alone with the twins upstairs. Ross laid down on the couch. You knew he was tired between the flight home and the party his mom finished putting together. You walked over to him and he looked up at you patting the space in front of him. You lay next to him snuggling up into his chest. You trace your finger along his chest which caused him to squirm a little so he grabbed your hand and intertwined his fingers with yours. He gently kissed each one of your fingers as he slowly fell asleep. You wrapped your arms around his waist and slowly drifted off yourself. Finally sleep came easy once again, but how long will that last?