Chapter 38

As she walked back in you were trying to cool down. Ross’ arm was still placed around you. You raised your free arm and placed it over his as you relaxed into him. He leaned down and kissed the top of your head. The two of you walked over to his trailer to eat lunch. A few minutes later Candace realized Ross didn’t follow her back inside. She was fuming. She stormed off back down the hall and to Ross’ trailer. The two of you were eating and laughing. You realized how much you missed it so you decided to be a little playful and glide your foot up and down his leg. He looked up at you grinning. No sooner you heard a pounding on the door. As you opened the door you see a fuming red faced Candace on the other side.

“What do you want?” you asked cocking your head to the side slightly.

“I thought I made myself clear when I said that we needed to get back to shooting.” She answered stepping up on the bottom step.

This was the last straw. This was the last time she was going to give you an attitude. You stepped down the steps which caused her to back up onto the pavement. She was shocked that you were even sticking up for yourself let alone Ross. Your hands were clenched into fists.

“I think he’s allowed to take a lunch break with his wife. I’m sure the director understands. And by the way if you ever get in my face like that again with an attitude there will be more consequences then what I’m about to do to you.”

Once you finished your fist flew and hit her upside the head knocking her on her butt.  She looked up at you holding her head. Ross came running to the door way seeing Candace on the ground. You heard a slight chuckle slip from him.

“Well I guess you know not to piss off my wife.” He said with a smirk.

Candace’s mouth dropped as she got up. She couldn’t believe what he just said. Without another word she walked back into the studio as the two of you went back inside his trailer. He grabbed you by the waist and pulled you close to him.

“So the last time you almost hit her you were pregnant. Is there anything you’d like to tell me?” he asked leaning his head against yours.

No sooner did he say that you went running to the bathroom. You got sick and he came following holding your hair away from your face. Once you were done you stood up cleaning up your face. He pulls you in wrapping his arms around you tightly.

“Well I guess that answers my question.” He kissed the top of your head. Then he carried you over to the couch in the back. “Rest here for a little baby. Take it easy. We’ll go home together when I’m done.” He kissed your cheek as he covered you with a blanket before leaving.

**3 Hours later**

Ross came back into the trailer. You were still sleeping so he picked you up and carried you into the car. He drove back to the hotel and carried you up to the room. As he placed you on the bed you started to stir. You opened up your eyes to see him smiling at you.

“Are you feeling better baby?” he asked sitting down next to you.

“Yeah, I don’t know what happened earlier. Maybe I got a bug or something.” You said rubbing your stomach absentmindedly.

“I’ll run to the corner store and grab some ginger ale and a pregnancy test just to be safe” he kissed your forehead and left the room.

About 15 minutes later he came back with a bag in hand and carnations in the other. A smile spread across your face as he made his way over to the bed. He placed the flowers next to you and took out the test. You got up and went to the bathroom. About 10 minutes later you came out handing him the test. He looked down at it with a slight smile on his face.

“Well I guess we’re going to have our hands full in 9 months.” He said wrapping his arms around you.

You climbed onto his lap and nestled up into him. He held you as close as he could, rubbing your arms gently. You weren’t sure if you were ready to have any more babies just yet. You thought you had at least another year or so until you tried for one more. After a few moments of silence he spoke up.

“So do you feel up to a romantic dinner or do you want to stay in cuddling and watching movies?” he asked leaning his head against yours.

“I think stay in tonight. I miss cuddling with my baby.” You said as you traced your finger on his chest.

He moved the two of you to the middle of the bed grabbing the remote. Once more you nestled up into him as he wrapped his arm around you holding you tightly against him. He turned on the TV and flipped through the channels landing on his favorite movie, Romeo and Juliet. The two of you stayed like that the rest of the night falling asleep in each other’s arms.