Chapter 26

It’s been 3 months since the meeting and you were days away from the wedding. The doctor put you on bed rest until then since you were pretty big. The wedding dress was being altered while Stormie, Rydel, Abby and Michelle the wedding planner were running around doing last minute things for the wedding. You were lying on the couch watching TV bored out of your mind. Ross did whatever he could to take care of you. While you were sitting there you felt one of the babies kick, it made you smile.

“Babe, come here! One of the babies just kicked!” you yelled. No sooner Ross comes running into the room and kneels beside you as he places one of his hands on your stomach. The baby kicked again. You looked at Ross to see a smile spread across his face.

“That is so amazing! I’ve never felt anything like that before. I love it.” He said as he kissed your stomach.

He sat on the couch next to you. You leaned against him and rested your head against his chest.  He wrapped his arms around you the best he could. He kissed the top of your head then rested his head against yours. About 10 minutes later his phone went off. When he picked up to see who it was, anger ran through you so fast. It was Candace.

“Hello?”

“Hey babe, I was wondering if we could meet up. I miss you.”

Ross was silent and all you wanted to do was beat the living daylights out of her. She has such nerve knowing that he’s getting married and becoming a father.

“I’m sorry Candace I can’t. I’m taking care of my fiancée and we’re getting married in a few days. Plus there is no chance of us getting back together. Your chance is long gone now. Sorry.” He said annoyed and hung up on her.

You looked up at him, by the look on his face you could tell he wanted to scream. You sat up, grabbed his face and rested your forehead against his. This got him to relax a little. Then you leaned in and kissed him. He lifted you onto his lap to make it easier. He slowly pulled away as you rested your head against his again. The two of you were smiling. He rested one of his hands on your stomach and this time both babies kicked. Both of you laughed a little as you rested your hand over his.

“Thank you for being so amazing. Saturday can’t come any sooner. If I could I would marry you right now. I also can’t wait for these two to come out so we can enjoy them together.” Ross said caressing your cheek.

He pulled you back in for another kiss. This time it lasted a lot longer. He lifted you up and carried you up the stairs without breaking the kiss. As you arrived in your bedroom he laid you down and hovered over you the best he could. Things started to get heated. As the two of you started undressing each other you felt something wet, you weren’t sure what it was so you pulled away. Ross looked at you a little confused. You nodded your head towards your legs. He looked down to see a huge wet spot right between your legs. His eyes got huge, was his wish to enjoy the babies coming true? He shot up and started packing bags for the both of you to take to the hospital. You sat on the bed redressing yourself as much as you possibly could and texting your parents, his parents, all yours and his siblings as well as Abby. Not even 5 minutes later Abby comes running up the stairs helping Ross pack your bag.

When the bags were packed Ross picked you up and Abby grabbed the overnight bags. He all but ran down the stairs and out to the car. After he placed you into the front seat of the car he realized he forgot both of your phones and a camera for when the babies are born.

“Abby can you do me a favor? Could you meet us at the hospital with our phones and the camera? I don’t want to take any chances.” Ross said slightly panicking.

“Sure thing, I’ll be right behind you guys.” She answered as she ran back inside.

Ross hopped into the front seat and pealed out of the driveway as fast as he could. His grip on the steering wheel was getting tighter by the second. You could tell he was nervous. You reached over and rested your hand on his lap trying to get him to relax. He glanced over at you and smiled. Once again you got him to relax.

About 10 minutes later you arrived at the hospital. He parked the car and ran to the other side of the car. He grabbed the bags then picked you up. As he closed the car door he hit the button on the remote then started running towards the door. He yelled for a nurse and no sooner one came flying around the corner with a wheelchair to take you to the maternity ward.

As you approached the room where you would deliver your twins you heard a voice you recognized coming from one of the rooms. You shook your head. It couldn’t be who you thought. They were half way across the country or were they?