You'll be in my heart

It didn't take much to see that Kurt and Blaine were drifting apart as each day passed. Where Blaine wanted to take Kurt back to their home, Kurt would hug Lucas close and back up into his room. Despite being near both Lucas and Blaine, Kurt would still cry and squirm when he'd have a nightmare. His physical wounds healed but his mental ones where the ones tearing him apart. He retreated quietly into himself, fell asleep in classes, walked zombie slow through the halls and would just sit glumly in Glee. He was a broken mess and Blaine doubted his ability to fix it this time alone. He had pleaded, comforted, begged and even tried convincing Kurt but he never got an answer. Kurt had just went to put Lucas to bed when Burt came over to Blaine who was washing dishes.

"I don't know what to do Burt. I've tried everything but nothing's worked. This is my fault.." Blaine looked down. Burt tried to stop him but Blaine just shook his head and kept going. "It is. It's my fault. I knew Tim was bad, I knew he was and I just let him stay longer and longer in our home and now look what happened. This is all of my fault." Tears fell down Blaine's cheeks and a shuddering breath left his lips as Burt led Blaine over to the table. "Listen to me Blaine. None of this was your fault, none of it. You didn't know that that would happen to them and you didn't make it happen. It's that bastard's fault that he nearly poisoned my grandson and killed my son, not yours. Now I don't know what to do about Kurt right now but we're going to do our best to figure it out. Okay?" Burt looked at Blaine and smiled a little when he nodded and a broken sob left his snot covered lips. "You're an amazing husband and father, an incredible man and one hell of a son in law. Kurt knows it, Lucas knows it, I know it, Carole and Finn know it. You saved my son's life once, you'll do it again."

Five days later

"You don't talk to your dad, you don't talk to Carole or Finn, you won't even touch Lucas and you won't even talk to me! Why won't you let me in?!" Blaine paced back and forth while Kurt sat front and center, hands folded over his lap and head down. After Kurt had accepted a rough push that not only made him hit his head but knock him to the ground, Blaine had had enough. Tough love it is again. So he had grabbed Kurt by the hand to help him up before wrapping an arm around his waist to lead him into the choir room. "We need you, Kurt...we all need you to come back, to wake up and fight what happened. Lucas needs you..." Blaine fought back angry, scared tears as he came towards Kurt. He fell on his knees and placed his hands on Kurt's knees. Kurt didn't look up from his lap or unlatch his now shaking hands before Blaine took them in his own. A sob slipped through Kurt's trembling lips and Blaine's as the pair broke down together. "I need you."

Kurt fell forward and hid his sobs and wails in Blaine's shoulder. Two class periods had passed before Kurt and Blaine walked into the cafeteria and sat down, Kurt curling up against Blaine's chest. "Damn...I thought seeing a little girl crying over a puppy was sad but this is ten times worse." Puck said. Kurt shook and turned to hide his face, Brittany rubbing his back. "Dude..please don't cry.." Finn said, opening his arms so Blaine could go get their lunch. Kurt fell into Finn's arms, almost knocking the tall boy over. Blaine mouthed his thanks before getting up. "Lucas is fine, you're fine and Tim is locked up for what he did. It may not look it now but it will. Look at the bright side, you got into college, you have Blaine and Lucas, you are going to New York City and I'm sure that when I come to visit, you are gonna end up telling everyone how you're pregnant and making your first fashion show." Kurt let out a chuckle and everyone smiled even Finn. "You and Blaine are going to be big, bigger than any of us and you wanna know why? Because out of all of us, you two deserve it the most."

The rest of the day flew by and Kurt didn't once let go of Blaine's hand as the couple walked down the hall. If people whispered, Kurt and Blaine ignored it. If someone insulted them, they looked back and said thanks before walking on. They made it all the way to the full choir room and collapsed into each other's arms for a tight hug. "I need you too." Kurt whispered in Blaine's ear so only he heard and pulled Blaine in for a passionate kiss that had everyone oohing and whistling until Mr. Schue playfully broke them apart and sent them to their seats. Kurt and Blaine chuckled and Mr. Schue got right to the lesson.