Evil Plans and Birthdays

Two weeks later

Campaigns were well ahead in the high rise with Kurt and Quinn in the lead, Santana and Puck in second place and some unknown seniors in third. Kurt and Quinn had just finished giving out cookies that Kurt made from scratch and the pair walked into the choir room when Kurt heard a scream and giggle before tiny arms wrapped around his legs followed by two more. Kurt and Quinn looked down to see Sam's brother and sister smiling at him, talking a mile a minute and his own son with a bit of raggedy curls and a frazzled bow tie. Sam's siblings went to hug Quinn while Kurt lifted up Lucas who hugged him and gave him four kisses on the cheek. "Stop! The cuteness is going to kill me." Tina joked, pretending to choke as she fell against Mike. The others and Kurt laughed as Kurt walked over to his seat and with Finn's help, sat down. Kurt placed a kiss on Lucas' hair, earning some smiles even as he cuddled his son close with the biggest, warmest smile on his face. "For some reason, I just can't stop feeling happy when I see that." Artie said softly. "It's like the cutest baby dolphin." Brittany said. "I still can't believe that he came out of you." Puck said. Kurt snorted and pecked Lucas' nose with his before pulling away. "Oh did he. I'm still trying to get my skin back to how I had it but it's worth it since I have this little guy." Kurt smiled at Lucas who shot up and bounced when Blaine and Mr. Schue came in and Blaine slid to the board, marker in hand. "Everyone but Kurt and Lucas close their eyes." They did and Lucas watched as Blaine wrote on the board and Mr. Schue and Santana wheeled in a cake. "3..." Kurt started but Lucas took over. "No, me papa." Everyone giggled or chuckled as Kurt let Lucas wiggle down and run to the front of the room, under the sign. "3...2...uh yewwow!" Kurt snickered and everyone opened their eyes to see the dimmed room and the cake along with the sign on the board that said 'happy birthday Lucas!' Everyone cheered and Lucas stomped his feet as Finn picked him up and tickled his stomach. Lucas laughed and squirmed when Puck tickled his side and Mike got the other side. "Since we can't punch little dude, birthday tickles will have to do." Mike said as Lucas burst into a laughing fit until he was put down and he ran around the room with Sam's siblings and Puck chasing them. Mr. Schue laughed and raised his hands. "So does anyone have any songs for the birthday boy? Also I'd like to offer my congratulations to Kurt and Quinn who are steadily in the lead of the race." Everyone cheered and the pair blushed before smiling. Rachel raised her hand. "I think I've got a song for Lucas. It's only fair that someone should escort our guest to the piano." Blaine sat down and Sam lifted Lucas up onto the piano and sat him down. Kurt sat next to Blaine who began to play and Lucas turned, watching his daddy play.

(Kurt:)
Don't go changing, to try and please me
You never let me down before
(Blaine:)
Don't imagine you're too familiar
And I don't see you anymore
(Rachel:)
I would not leave you in times of
trouble

Lucas looked at Rachel, thumb in his mouth as she smiled at him.

We never could have come this far
(Rachel and Blaine:)
I took the good times, I'll take the bad times
(Rachel, Blaine and Kurt:)
I'll take you just the way you are

Kurt reached out a hand and stroked Lucas' cheek which made Lucas tilt his head and smiled. Blaine smiled at that as Sam joined in.

(Sam:)
I don't want clever conversation
I never want to work that hard
(Kurt and Sam:)
I just want someone that I can talk to
(Everyone:)
I want you just the way you are.

Santana ran a hand through Lucas' hair and he looked at her with a smile. She took his free hand and sang right to him.

(Santana:)
I need to know that you will always be
The same old someone that I knew
(Sam and Santana:)
What will it take 'till you believe in me
The way that I believe in you.