Always and Forever

"First place winner is....From Lima, Ohio The New Directions!" The judge said. The crowd went wild as confetti flew everywhere and Finn went to go grab the giant trophy while his teammates were hugging and cheering, maybe a little crying. Kurt, Blaine and others were cheering from inside the hospital room. Three days later, the team came to the hospital and blushed when they were congratulated as they made it to Lucas' room. They went in and Finn found a tiny body running into him with a squeal. He laughed and lifted up Lucas carefully with no cannula and he looked all better. "Finn win song." Lucas said as he hugged his uncle. Finn chuckled. "Yeah, I did. We all did. All for you." Finn smiled, looking at Lucas and Lucas looked at Finn. Lucas put his hands on either side of Finn's face and kissed his nose with big slobbery kisses which made Finn playfully groan and make a funny noise under Lucas's chin, knowing he was ticklish under there. Lucas laughed and soon Finn let him down on the bed. Kurt got up and went over to his brother, hugging him tight. Finn hugged back and smiled. "Thank you." Kurt whispered only to him. "You're welcome." Finn whispered back.

"Lucas jump!" Lucas said floating in the pool with his floaties on his arms. Finn had just cannonballed into the pool and Lucas wanted to try. "You want to jump?" Blaine asked and Lucas nodded. Blaine helped him swim over to the wall and out. "Okay, you gotta stand up and I'll help you down, okay?" Blaine said and Lucas nodded. "Three...two...one...hmmmm" Lucas jumped and plopped into the water, coming back up with no floaties on him. Brittany clapped. "Yay baby dolphin!" Lucas saw Kurt come out of the house and hit the water with his tiny hands. "Papa! I jump!" Kurt gasped. "You did? All by yourself?" Lucas nodded and smiled when Kurt brought over his water toys. "You want daddy to help you with diving?" Kurt was getting into the pool and Lucas nodded before throwing his toys into the water. Puck and Sam was grilling while the other girls were sunbathing. "Nationals. We leave McKinley as National winners." Tina said happily. "You gotta admit that our late set list was pretty badass." Santana said "Even Frankenteen's solo." Quinn felt her throat constrict at the mention of that song. She never forgot the melody but when Kurt played it and explained where it came from, she loved it even more. "It was good." She said. Puck and Sam looked over at Lucas who was diving with the help of Blaine, grab a toy and come up in Kurt's arms. Every time he showcased a toy, the two men smiled. Burt smiled too and Ben. "You did good Burt. You raised quite the father." Ben said, looking at his friend. Burt smirked. "Don't sell yourself so short. You did great with Blaine and had you not, he wouldn't be the man he is now. I have a feeling that they are going to raise Lucas great."

Lucas screamed playfully as he tried his best to swim away from a playful Blaine. "Swim Lucas swim! Daddy shark is coming!" Kurt laughed and Lucas squealed. "No shark! No shark!" He shook his head and laughed as Blaine pulled him back and onto his shoulders. Lucas had picked up his toy hammer and bopped Blaine on the head three times, making Blaine pretend to groan and choke. He began to slip down as Lucas grabbed the wall and when he didn't see Blaine, he began to whimper. "Daddy?" He looked around and when he didn't see Kurt either, he clung harder to the wall. "What's wrong Lucas?" Finn came over and Lucas began to move away. "No! Not daddy! Not papa!" Lucas teared up, fear showing in his eyes. "Finn, back up. He's scared. Go find Kurt or Blaine. Hurry!" Santana said and Finn hurried up out of the pool. Lucas looked around for his parents before he began to wail, alerting all the parents and guests. The others in the pool tried to comfort him from as far as he would let them but he cried on. Kurt and Blaine ran out of the house and to the side where Lucas was. Kurt lifted him up out of the water and Lucas clung to him tight, crying softly while Blaine rubbed his back.

"What happened?" Kurt asked and Finn spoke up, obviously nervous. "I don't know. He didn't see you guys and began to freak out." Lucas had started to calm down but when he saw a small resemblance to a Dalton blazer, he shook hard and hid his face in Kurt's bare chest. "NO!" He screamed and Kurt frowned, looking behind him and the colored blazer that wasn't Dalton branded before getting it. He looked at Blaine who caught on. Blaine went to move the blazer while Kurt rocked Lucas and hummed, sitting on the pool edge. Lucas whimpered. "Hey..hey. Hey my little bird, it's okay. The big bad men aren't here. They won't hurt you."

Lucas stopped shaking and lightened his hold, letting Kurt turn him so he could rest his head on Kurt's chest. Finn came over slowly and held out his hand which Lucas took and Finn squeezed it gently. "You're safe little man. It's nothing but family here." Lucas looked at Finn and Kurt kissed his wet hair. "You're surrounded by everyone that loves you. No one here is going to hurt you. You want to swim?" Blaine comes over, asking and Lucas shakes his head. "Hungry." He says and Kurt smiles. "Yeah? Papa is too. Let's go see what the uncles have cooked up that you can have."

Kurt stands carefully and Lucas holds onto him, putting his head in Kurt's shoulder. He let Kurt sit him on the lawn chair and sucks on his thumb while Kurt goes to get some food. "Little dude okay?" Puck asks and Kurt turns to look at Lucas who was looking around. He looks back at Sam and Puck. "Just a little spooked. But that's not to say that I'm not either. I couldn't see him anywhere in that crowd. Imagine being his height and not being able to get out or see someone you know." Kurt sighed. "Every time I hear it, I still can't believe it. They ambushed you while knowing he was there." Ben said, cutting in. "They could've killed him. All for jealousy and some stupid title. They knew he was scared and still did it. That's what I find crazy!" Kurt said, his anger rising. "I didn't realize my son's life was lesser than a trophy and a title." "Well the good thing is that he's okay. He's alive and smiling another day through. You won Nationals and beat everyone." Ben says and Kurt feels a tug on his shorts, looking down to see Lucas. "Papa, up?" Kurt smiled and picked him up, holding him close. "Love you papa." The guys smiled and so did Kurt as he kissed Lucas' nose. "I love you too bear. Papa is so happy that you're okay. You really scared him." Kurt looks at Lucas who looked up at Kurt, eyes saddened. Kurt wipes a tear. "And papa has never been that scared in a long, long time." Sam says and Lucas' lip wobbles. "I sorry.." Kurt smiles and kisses his head again, holding him close. "It's Okay bear. It's okay."

Night soon fell and everyone was under the tent, sitting on couches and lounge chairs as they laughed and told stories. The adults had beers or wine, the teens had sodas or waters and Lucas had a sippy cup of apple juice. "This is it you guys. In a few weeks, we'll be graduating from McKinley for good and going our separate ways. I don't know if I'm ready." Mercedes said and everyone fell silent. "I don't know about anyone else but I know for sure, I won't miss this place but I am going to miss my little nugget over there." She nodded her head over to where Kurt and Blaine were stargazing with Lucas between them. Quinn looked at him with a smile. "I'm going to miss him too. In a way, it's like he's changed us. Without him, we wouldn't have gotten where we are now." "Beautiful." Puck says and Sam nods. The tiny family smiled and kept pointing out shapes. "Choo choo!" Lucas pointed up and Kurt and Blaine had to squint but it was there. "Good spotting bear!"

"Look! That looks like two lions fighting over a scrap of meat." Blaine said and Kurt scoffed, playfully rolling his eyes. "That's cheating! You got that from the Lion King sequel." Blaine frowned. "Nu uh! You have no proof." Kurt scoffed and smirked as he sat up on one arm, careful to not rock the hammock while Lucas was flying a toy car in the air. "Kovu and Kiara are lying on the grass star gazing and naming shapes. Kovu spots two lions fighting over a scrap of meat.." "Fire star!" Lucas said, pointing up and cutting Kurt and Blaine's Disney argument. They looked up as did everyone else as they saw a shooting star fly by. "Fire star!" Lucas said softly so only his parents could hear. "That's right. What do we do on those?" Blaine asked and Lucas has to think for smiling. "Wish!" Kurt smiled, leaning in close to whisper. "You know what I wish for?" Lucas looked at him as did Blaine. Kurt closed his eyes and faced the direction of the star. "I wish that we can always be together happily wherever we go." Blaine did the same but with a different wish. "I wish for Lucas to grow safely and happily for the rest of his life and for Kurt and I to be together forever" Kurt smiled at him and they looked at Lucas. "What do you wish for Bear?" "Mmmmm...monster trucks!" The couple laughed. "You don't wish for us? I'm hurt and I think I might cry bud." Lucas struggled to get up but he managed to crawl onto Blaine's chest and put his hands over Blaine's eyes. "Daddy no cry. Lucas sorry." Blaine awed and moved Lucas' hands. "Daddy is joking Lucas. It's okay." Lucas made a noise before he fell down on Blaine's chest and Blaine let out another laugh as their friends looked on.