Prom

Prom was well under way with music blasting even from outside. People was still walking in and waiting for their dates when Blaine pulled up with Kurt in the passenger seat. Lucas was with Burt, Carole and Blaine's parents and one picture of Lucas laid back in Lyla's lap watching Trolls calmed him down and gave a sense of strength as they parked. Blaine parked and Kurt let it out a breath, rolling his neck. Blaine let out a nervous breath. "This feels weird. Why does this feel weird?" He asked and Kurt chuckled nervously. "I-I don't know...Guess we should go in, huh?" Blaine nodded and together the couple exited the car and took hands, squeezing them as they walked in and through the decorated halls. They saw Mr. Schue and Emma manning the ticket booth. When the teacher and guidance counselor saw the couple, they looked shocked before smiling softly. Kurt held out their tickets with slight hesitation and Emma gently took them with help. "You can do this. Both of you. This is a big, crazy step but it's also brave. Go slow." She placed her hands on their shoulders and brushed off some invisible dust, smiling. Mr. Schue stood in front of them, smiling proudly. "I'm glad that you guys decided to try. I'm incredibly amazed by your bravery. Good luck." He patted their backs gently and let them pass. Kurt smiled at Blaine and Blaine smiled at Kurt as they walked down towards the gym, the music getting louder. They easily spotted Mercedes, Sam, Mike and Artie looking at them with encouraging smiles and watched as the couple stopped at the threshold. Kurt closed his eyes and took a deep breath as he put one foot over the line as did Blaine and together, the two took slow steps further into the gym until they found themselves 4 inches away from the doors. Sam, Mercedes, Mike and Artie clapped, smiling hard. Kurt and Blaine opened their eyes, smiling at each other with their hands still clasped but less squeezing. Kurt accepted a hug from Mercedes who squealed in his ear. "You did it white boy!" Kurt chuckled and together, the friends walked further into the gym where Kurt and Blaine got attacked with hugs from the other glee clubbers. It did, however, take them time to step foot on the dance floor but they began to dance until it was time for the guys to sing, Kurt included. Artie got the crowd's attention as the band began to play.

"Who's ready to boogie?!" Artie said into the mic and the crowd went wild as the boys got in their positions.

[Artie:]
I got this feeling inside my bones
It goes electric, wavey when I turn it on
All through my city, all through my home
We're flying up, no ceiling, when we're in our zone

[Sam:]
I got that sunshine in my pocket
Got that good soul in my feet
I feel that hot blood in my body when it drops, ooh
I can't take my eyes up off it, moving so phenomenally
Room on lock the way we rock it, so don't stop

[Boys:]
And under the lights when everything goes
Nowhere to hide when I'm getting you close
When we move, well, you already know
So just imagine, just imagine, just imagine

Mike led the dance as the boys broke out in a three step, for Artie a two roll, and spin as their arms did a left to right to center movement.

Nothing I can see but you when you dance, dance, dance
Feeling good, good, creeping up on you
So just dance, dance, dance, come on
All those things I shouldn't do
But you dance, dance, dance
And ain't nobody leaving soon, so keep dancing

[(Kurt) Boys:]
(I can't stop the feeling)
So just dance, dance, dance
(I can't stop the feeling)
So just dance, dance, dance, come on

Blaine spun up and danced as he took the next verse.

[Blaine:]
Ooh, it's something magical
It's in the air, it's in my blood, it's rushing on
Don't need no reason, don't need control
I fly so high, no ceiling, when I'm in my zone