Nationals

"Up next is Vocal Adrenaline." The host said through the intercom. The New Directions sat around in their green room waiting to go on. Rachel was doing breathing exercises, Sam was checking Artie's wheelchair for him, Santana was checking her nails and fixing her hair, Quinn and Mercedes were praying, Finn was resting his eyes, Brittany and Mike was going through the dances, Puck was doing nothing, Blaine was rubbing Kurt's shoulders and back while Kurt was breathing and trying to relax. He would be the opening act for the New Directions and if he messed up then it was game over and embarassment. He covered his mouth and tried to keep the bile from rising. Blaine pressed a little harder and Kurt sighed. Mr. Schue and Ms. Pillsbury walked in and Mr. Schue clapped his hands together.

"Okay guys. This is it. Nationals. I just wanna say that I'm so proud of you guys. Through even the hardest times you really stayed close and became a family more than a jumbled group of people. Now there might be some good teams out there-"

"Vocal Adrenaline." Everyone said together and Mr. Schue nodded, raising his hand.

"I know. But we have our best talents put to the front and I have complete faith in all of you. Anyone want to say anything?"

"I would Mr. Schue, if it's okay?" Kurt said.

"Floor's yours Kurt."

"I just wanna thank you all for eveything you did and everything you tried to do. I wouldn't really be here without my protection group, Blaine or even this club."

"I wanna say thanks too. Thank you for your support about Katie, your condolences, your prayers and if it's alright with you Mr. Schue and everyone here, even you Kurt, I think that we should dedicate our performance to Katie. I say we go out there and give it all we got."

"Hear Hear!" Santana cheered.

"I can get with that." Puck said.

"Alright to Katie Anderson-Hummel it is. Hands in guys. On three, Amazing."

Hands gathered in the middle and on three everyone shouted amazing before heading to the stage. Blaine squeezed Kurt's shoulders and leaned in.

"You're going to do great just like you practiced."

Kurt nodded and unbuttoned his coat to reveal a white top, black and white vest, black pants and black shoes. Blaine gave him a kiss for luck before walking out alone to center stage. In the dimness of the audience he could see his dad, Carole, Jack, Lisa, Lyla, Ben, Darren and Rachel's parents smiling at him. He took a deep breath and got in position as the music started for Hallucinations by dvsn played. One single spotlight shined on him and Kurt started to sing.

Having Hallucinations
I'm losing sleep every night
Keep trying to cover my eyes
My eyes, yeah
Is it my imagination?
I think I'm losing my mind
Still see your face all the time
All the time

Tryna rewind 'til we're back where we started
Yeah that's all I want
Night after night after night I'm still haunted
I'm haunted, baby
I'm haunted by...

You, you, fall asleep and dream of
You, you, late at night I scream for
You, you, waiting on a deja-vu
But until then
I live with Hallucinations
They're just hallucinations
I'll just hallucinate
Cause you're not here
Hallucinations

Kurt wanted to do this song after hearing it on his phone. Hearing it made him remember how messed up he used to be about Katie, how he'd wake up some days and just talk to the bandages as if underneath the bruised skin was his baby. His little mix of himself and Blaine. Their baby.

Losing my concentration
Hearing your voice in my head
Seeing you when you aren't there
You're not there
And I can't keep living like this
Something's gotta give (give me you)
If I could make it all go away
Then I would