Decisions Decisions

Kurt was blowing raspberries on Lucas' soft belly and laughed lightly when Lucas kept squealing and laughing, kicking his legs. Kurt buttoned the one piece and lifted his son up, pecking his cheek over and over. "Are you laughing at Papa? Am I being silly?" He asked and Lucas gave a drooly squeal and Kurt smiled, holding his son close and scoots off the bed to head to the kitchen. He hummed a song and was making Lucas some apple sauce when he heard someone come in humming teenage dream and only one person could hum that song, Blaine. Kurt smiled and looked at Lucas who was looking towards the noise. "Is that daddy? I think that's daddy." Lucas squealed when Blaine appeared around the corner and smiled big when he saw his son and his husband.

Blaine walked over and took Lucas from Kurt and rubbed his nose against Lucas' and held him up in the air. "Why hello my beautiful boy and hello, my handsome husband." Blaine held his son close with one arm and pulled Kurt close with the other, giving Kurt a passionate kiss. Kurt let him and kissed back before breaking it and smiled. "What was that for?" He asked and Blaine shrugged. "I just really missed you today and Lucas. Are you sure that you don't need me to stay and help you?" Kurt nodded his head. After Lucas was born the couple had a little time to enjoy their new addition but soon Blaine had to get back to school and Kurt had to get back to the online courses. This of course was hardly a problem when they first tried it but Blaine could hardly think without worrying about Kurt having too much to handle or Lucas getting sick or someone breaking in or worse. Sometimes Blaine would shake with nerves so bad that he would throw up or drop things. This worried Finn who told Kurt who decided to send Blaine pictures or videos of Lucas playing and babbling, napping, eating, watching a Disney movie instead of playing with his toys,etc.

It would calm Blaine down enough to work. "I'm sure. I'm caught up with everyone now and I do it when Lucas is having his movie time on the blanket or is napping. You have nothing to worry about." Kurt pecked Blaine's lips and Blaine pecked back. "I love you." Blaine said. "I love you too." Kurt said. Lucas seemed to make a loud sound that broke the love gaze between the two men and they instantly turned their attention to baby, smiling and cooing. "We love you too Lucas." Kurt grabbed the bottle he made earlier and warmed it in the microwave for 20 seconds. He let it cool for a minute before testing it and going to sit on the couch to feed Lucas while Blaine started getting making dinner before starting on his homework. Meanwhile three envelopes laid unopened in the coffee table but neither men cared enough to open them right now.

Three weeks later

Nationals had fast approached and it was tight between Vocal Adrenaline, The Warblers and The New Directions. People were buzzing about it as they got their tickets, grabbed their snacks and their seats. Kurt walked in with Lucas in his arms wearing a onesie he made to look like a black shirt, gold suspenders and a gold bowtie while Lucas also wore black bottoms and gold shoes. Kurt himself was wearing a black and gold top, black skinny jeans and his white boots. His hair was perfectly coiffed and he held his son close, head held high as if daring someone to say something about him. Burt, Carole, Ben, Lyla, Jack, Lisa, Darren and Cooper came with him to support the New Directions even if Kurt couldn't physically be up there with them yet. He was way out of practice and plus he wouldn't remember the song or steps if he was too worried about his baby boy out in the crowd. So he was okay with sitting out. Darren looked around and let out a soft whistle. "Sure is a lot of people." Cooper scoffed and bumped his brother playfully. "Says the person who performs in front of thousands of people." Darren bumped Cooper back and stuck his tongue out at the man. "Says the person who plays in front of millions." Lisa rolled her eyes playfully and got between the two siblings who instantly calmed down. Lisa looked at them both. "You both do the same but in different categories but today is not about you two, it's about Blaine and the New Directions. But mostly Blaine." Darren and Cooper nodded and finally walked up to the front desk with Kurt who got the tickets Blaine left for them and thanked the female assistant who cooed at Lucas.

Lucas tried his best to copy his father's wave and went back to slobbering on his fist. Kurt found his way to the New Directions green room and walked in, smiling when he and Lucas was greeted. Kurt one armed hugged his friends and Lucas giggled whenever one of the girls who blew a raspberry on his chubby cheeks and kicked his feet when one of the guys lifted him up carefully in the air before finally handing him to an awaiting Blaine who kissed his son's head and held him close before kissing Kurt hello and wrapping an arm around his waist. "Are you sure you're okay with sitting with our family?" He asked and Kurt nodded. "I'm fine. Besides I haven't been in a while and I wouldn't know the routine. Besides Lucas gets fussy if he's away from us too long." Blaine sighed and nodded. "If you're sure then okay." Kurt smiled and pecked Blaine's lips for a minute before he broke away and smirked. "Now that surprise on the other hand?" Blaine shook his head as he laughed. "Nu uh." He went to sit at the vanity and Lucas found interest in a comb, smacking it on the table and making tiny noises. "Come on. I know it's a solo but what song?" Kurt begged and Blaine shook his head, taking the comb from his son's hands before he hurt himself with it. "You're just gonna have to wait and listen cause I'm not saying a thing except that you'll love it."

Kurt nodded and soon after a few more kisses and 'I love you's', left to head to his seat with Lucas hanging onto his shirt in his balled up fists and let out a sound of excitement as the lights dimmed once Kurt found his seat next to his father. "How's Blaine?" Burt asked and Kurt whispered. "Nervous and full of secrets." He sat Lucas in his lap and watched as The Warblers went through Kiss You by One Direction, Cruise by Florida Georgia Line and Rolling in the deep by Adele then came Vocal Adrenaline who went through Hey Mickey, We Are The Champions and Counting Stars. Kurt thought the performances were okay but he just looked at the booklet the usher handed him and Lucas just watched amazed by the flips and twirls but Kurt knew that he was trying to find Blaine who was supposed to be backstage but for some reason was way behind him smiling. He knew this because Kurt got a text from him with a picture of the back of Kurt's head and a simple I see you. text. Finally it was The New Directions turn and Blaine stood up as the music started for From the ground up by Dan + Shay. A single spotlight shined on Blaine as he sang, slowly walking down the aisle. He looked at Kurt and their family as he walked and sang. Lucas recognized his daddy's voice and squealed, reaching a hand out. Blaine smiled and turned to walk down. He climbed the stairs to the stage and walked to the middle just as the New Directions came to join him silently because this was Blaine's solo, his song. Blaine sang with love and passion while Kurt was doing his best not to cry as he held onto Lucas and watched his husband. Blaine smiled at his husband and son as the boys twirled the girls slowly and danced with them, Blaine included. Lisa and Jack held hands as they watched their grandson with proud tears along with Lyla and Ben. Carole held onto Kurt's empty hand while holding onto Burt's hand and Kurt smiled tearfully at her, letting a tear slip down his cheek. Carole wiped it with her thumb and the two watched as Blaine brought the song to a finish.

The crowd waited for the music to end before standing up and exploding into applause including Kurt, Burt, Carole, Lyla, Ben, Lisa, Jack, Darren and Cooper. Even Lucas cheered through babbles and squeals. After two more songs everyone waited to hear the results.