Excerpt #4: Post Partumn Anger

It had taken awhile before Kurt was strong enough to go back. His face was lightly bruised and his lip was busted still as he slipped his jacket carefully onto his body. He still couldn't move as well as he wanted to but having Blaine, Carole or Burt to help him when it came to personal matters helped a lot. Finn was assigned to help with only what he was comfortable with such as Kurt's schoolwork and such. Driving to school was a tiny okay for Kurt because he could just change his mind and go home but the hard part was walking in and not resisting to run. With Blaine and Finn by his side, Kurt followed the students of McKinley inside when they parted like the red sea which made Kurt feel uneasy and afraid, stopping in his tracks. He gripped his bag strap tight as he looked at each face with fear in his eyes before beginning to walk. The further he went, the louder the whispers.

"Is that the once pregnant fag?"

"I heard the gym was shut down because of him."

"I heard he wailed like a girl the whole way to the hospital."

Kurt was gripping his ears and running now, ignoring Principal Figgins call to him and nearly bumping into Sue as Finn and Blaine chased after him. He got the usual freak looks but he just ran into the choir room and crawled behind the giant red speakers. "Kurt? We know you're in here." Blaine said, looking around along with Finn. Finn pointed to the tiny peephole through the speakers that revealed a sobbing Kurt. The two boys went over slowly and sat on either side of Kurt. "I feel so humiliated. I knew they'd talk but you think people would be understanding but I was wrong." Kurt gritted out, gripping his shirt over his heart. "God, my baby girl...I used to dream about what she looked like and now I'll never get to know."

The day went by with Kurt trying to get through the day and he was slowly starting to relax as he grabbed his books quickly when a hockey jock walked by with a smirk. "I guess your child was like you. Couldn't take a beating to save her or you. She would've been a freak too." The jock pushed Kurt into his locker, making him fall and hyperventilate before the fear turned to anger and Kurt was seeing red as he grabbed his fallen book, stood up with a killer glare on his face, threw his arm back as far as he could and threw the book hard enough to hit the jock in the back of the head, making him stumble and groan. That was enough for Kurt to scream furiously as he launched himself at the jock, everyone in the halls stopped and moved away as Kurt knocked the jock to the ground and the two tussled on the ground.

(Play the video now)

Kurt was like a threatened wild animal released from his cage. He didn't care that he was causing blood or pain as he even took a few hits but he kept fighting. News traveled fast around the school and even reached the choir room where Mr.Schue was about to start talking when Rachel frantically ran in. "It's Kurt." Everyone ran out and to the center point of the fight where Kurt was now fighting another jock, face red as the Letterman jacket as he launched himself from the locker and gripped the jock's neck.

"You think you're so fucking tough but you're nothing but a coward!! You ignoramus, sorry fucking excuse of space!!" Kurt punched the jock hard and into the locker. The one he fought before had wrapped an arm around Kurt's bruised neck for a chokehold but Kurt bit his arm, making the jock scream and let go. Mr. Schue was able to get through but his voice was hard to hear so Finn and Puck wiggled their way through and caught Kurt from launching himself again, hands ready to wring someone's neck. "YOU DARE CALL MY FUCKING MISCARRIAGE A JOKE?!! YOU THINK IT WAS A FUCKING JOKE?!! SHE WAS MY PERFECT THING AND YOU ALL KILLED HER!!!" Finn and Puck tried to calm the furious teen down and Kurt complied as he got put down but then ran when the jock opened his mouth to say something about his daughter and Kurt was on top of the jock, slamming and pressing his face to the ground. Finn pulled Kurt off by his waist and lifting him up and away from the fight. Kurt furiously screamed and kicked, yelling at Finn to put him down but Finn pretended not to hear him. Kurt threw a fit the entire way to the choir room where when he saw Blaine, he shut up and crossed his arms.

No-one said a word to the furious teen or made him move at all as Kurt tapped his foot angrily with his arms crossed. He was still out for blood but he'd be caught if he tried to run. Soon the day was over and Kurt was in the process of getting his books when a jock pushed him into his locker. Kurt was still mad from earlier and the action seemed to jump-start up when the bully tried to say something and Kurt silenced him with a rough punch in the nose, ready to go for the neck but Santana and Quinn had rounded the corner in time to stop him and hold his arms down. "Kurt stop!" The tiny fight broke up and Kurt stood seething as he tore his arms from the girls' grips and slammed his locker shut before walking to the bathroom, trying to hide his tears. Santana and Quinn followed him as Kurt leant against the sink and cradled his fist to his chest as he cried, hanging his head. Quinn wrapped her arms around him while Santana cleaned his fist. "I can't do this anymore...I can't live without her and I just feel so..so empty. I never got to hold her."

At dinnertime Kurt just pushed his food around as everyone talked until Burt addressed the big elephant in the room. "So, I got a call from Figgins today about you, Kurt, and I almost came in today but he said that Will vouched for you. Are you getting into fights with jocks at school?" Kurt looked at his father and Carole before silently nodding. "Oh honey, why?" Carole asked. Kurt tried to fight the tears as he spoke. "They were treating it like a joke, like I was asking to have my daughter ripped from my arms, that I wanted to nearly lose my life. I tried to ignore it, be above it but these jocks made me mad and I lost it. I'm sorry I got in a fight but I couldn't let them down talk Blaine and I's daughter like she was nothing." With that, Kurt got up from the table and left for upstairs.