Thanksgiving

"Alrighty passengers, we will be descending into Hudson, Canada in twenty minutes. Please put all trays back up along with your chairs and thank you for choosing Air Canada." The pilot said over the intercom. Kurt smiled at the announcement and looked down to where he was running his hands through his son's soft yet loose curls. Lucas was watching some cartoon on a tablet that Burt got him. It seemed to have distracted the toddler from the feeling of pops in his ears. Blaine looked over from his book to look at his husband looking lovingly at their son who was distracted by Curious George. Kurt leaned in and kissed Lucas' head who just kept looking at Curious George but did lean his head against Kurt's arm, making the boy laugh along with his parents. "Kid is transfixed." Burt said as he laughed. Carole smacked his chest playfully and Kurt snorted. "And who's fault is that that got Lucas the tablet?" Kurt smiled fondly when Lucas laughed. Kurt waited for the episode to end before he held out his hands to Lucas. "Come on bear, we gotta go meet GG and LiLi." Lucas smiled at the mention of his great grandparents and gave Kurt the tablet. Kurt shut it down and smiled, holding onto Lucas and rocked him as the plane began to descend. Lucas whimpered and hid his face in Kurt's jacket. "Shh shh it's okay bear. Papa and Daddy are right here." Kurt whispered as he and Blaine comforted their son, trying to keep him from crying. Blaine began to hum Perfect by P!nk to Lucas while Kurt stroked his thumb in small circles on the back of Lucas' head. Lucas turned his head and looked at his parents with a cute pout. "Hey now bear, why the pout? Don't you wanna see GG and LiLi? Or maybe Grandma and Grandpa Lyla and Ben?"

"Fi?" Lucas' lip wobbled and Finn poked his head over the couple's seat. Lucas looked at him and Finn frowned. "It's okay Lucas. We're about to get off soon. Between you and me, I hate flying too." He whispered that last bit before ruffling the toddler's curls. Lucas accepted that and laid his head on Kurt's chest, sucking his thumb. The plane soon lands and Kurt moves to get Lucas's small suitcase and his carry-on. He wanted to grab the overhead bag but Blaine and Finn stopped him. "We got it. You're carrying enough already." So Kurt just nodded and left with his dad and Carole. Finn and Blaine grabbed their bags and followed. Finn went to collect the rest of the bags and Kurt let Lucas down but held his hand. Lucas kept his thumb in his mouth as he stayed close to Kurt. The small family walked all the way down to the escalator where Blaine lifted up Lucas and put the toddler on his shoulders. Lucas squealed and held onto Blaine's head as he looked around. "Let us know when you see GG and LiLi, buddy." Burt said to Lucas. Lucas tapped his hands against Blaine's temple as he looked around. Four minutes had passed before Lucas screamed in excitement and pointed. "GG! Dada, GG!" Blaine laughed and lifted a hand to wave to his awaiting family. "Oop!!" Lucas squealed as Blaine let him down once they were close enough and Cooper crouched down before picking up the toddler. "Jesus, you are getting bigger everyday." Cooper laughs as he hugs the excited toddler. He then passes him to Darren who hugs Lucas and spins, eliciting a squeal. Lyla laughs at her grandson and tickles his side. Finally Lucas reaches Jack and Jack smiles fondly at his grandson. "Well I'll be. If it isn't my favorite grandson who I just can't get enough of." Lucas plays with Jack's hat that Jack put on his head and Jack chuckles before greeting everyone else before passing Lucas back to Kurt, sans hat. Jack smiles when he sees Kurt and gives him a once over before pulling the young man in for a hug. "You're looking better than last time. Holding up better?" Kurt chuckles and nods, a slight blush on his cheeks. "Much. I've have Blaine, you guys and this perfect little munchkin to give me all the happiness I need." Kurt rubs his nose against Lucas's cheek and kissed it before looking at Jack with a smile. "Well good because we're all going to have a good time full of food, music, laughter and family. Maybe even get this little guy his first ride." Lisa said. "No time like the present." Burt said. Finn heard his name being called and turned his head to see Rachel coming out of their plane terminal. Kurt and Blaine's face paled because they knew that their quiet, family filled thanksgiving was going to be loud. Even Lucas picked to his parents' mannerisms and dropped his head on Kurt's shoulder.