Time will heal

"Are you serious Grandpa?" Blaine said excitedly in the phone as he got dressed to meet with Kurt. Jack called Blaine about the Hudson-Hummel family coming with the Anderson family to their family ranch.

"About as serious as I can be. It's better than being in Ohio trying to...conceal yourselves and I think Kurt could use a vacation. How is he doing?"

Blaine stopped in his tracks and frowned, sighing softly. Ever since Kurt was allowed to leave and was given a clean bill of health, he's been doing more than usual. More schoolwork, more running, more exercise, more sleeping, more cooking and when they do dances in Glee Kurt always pushed himself more to the near point of exhaustion. He seemed fine until that day Finn and Puck had to hold him back and pull him back when Kurt snapped after a passing jock made a joke but not before Kurt punched the guy hard and cussed up a storm. He was red faced and fuming when the two led him to Blaine when Glee started and Kurt was silent the whole afternoon and the ride home. When Blaine came over to dinner and everyone was eating, Kurt apologized for his behavior and excused himself to turn in early. After that day, he seemed to push himself harder and would become stone faced when anyone talked about a baby or anything related to it.

"Umm well...I...He.."

"I presume not good?" Jack asked.

Blaine sighed in defeat and sat on his bed, putting his head on his hand. "I'm trying Grandpa. I understand why he is acting like this but I wish he'd just stop and see what he's doing to himself. Grandpa he's hardly eating, he's always going for a run by himself, he pushes himself in Glee voice wise and dance wise. I'm worried about him."

"You sure sound worried. Sure sounds like he's trying to distract himself from the loss or it could be postpartum depression."

Blaine's eyes watered as he rubbed his hand on his face. "Do you think he has that?"

"I don't want to fully be behind that theory but your mom said she noticed that Kurt seemed a little closed off when she brought him in to confirm the three boys and again when the trial happened. That was a hard day for all of us."

"Not to mention that homophobic lawyer that mom faced. Burt had to hold Kurt down by his knee."

"Which is why I want him to come to Faithland and spend the summer. I know it won't be ideal for him and all but I think maybe once he gets the hang of it, he'll change his attitude."

"Well I'm on my way to go see him now. I'll talk to him about it and get back to you."

"Give my regards."

"Bye Grandpa."

"Bye Blaine."

Blaine hung up and bid his mom and dad goodbye before running out the door and to his car. He made it to Lima in time to see Kurt running halfway down the sidewalk. Blaine winced when he noticed how sunk in Kurt's arms were and how red faced he seemed. Even his legs were getting thin but muscular. He drove up next to him and rolled the window down.

"Need a ride?"

"No...gotta...keep...running...can't...stop...now." Kurt said in between breaths.

"Are you sure?" Blaine asked.

"Go...away...Blaine." Kurt took a deep breath and ran faster. Blaine didn't let it go and drove to match up with Kurt and it was like a game of cat and mouse until Kurt looked flushed and ready to faint in the 88° weather with no water bottle. He was thin and Blaine decided that right then and there that Kurt had had enough. When Kurt stopped to take a breath, Blaine leaned over and opened the passenger side door before straightening up. Kurt ignored him.