Destiny

Guests were arriving from Lima to Hudson and were driven from the airport in a rental bus Lyla had set up and Mike would be the bus driver. The rest of the guys were at the barn getting ready in their tuxes and fixing their hair while eating breakfast that Lisa made to help their starving stomachs and hungover minds. Blaine was standing in front of a full body mirror tying his black bowtie around his neck. He was just about to add another layer of hair gel to the one he already put on when he heard a voice behind him.

"I wouldn't do that. Kurt will be able to tell." Burt said, smirking from behind Blaine who moved his hand from the hair gel to his head to be sure every strand and curl was down. He knew Burt could tell he was shaking like a leaf and Blaine could tell himself because he could barely retie his bowtie that he, for some reason, untied and kept dropping the tails before throwing it on a bale of hay next to him. Burt turned to the other men and raised his voice so they could hear him. "Everyone, could you please step out so that I can have a one on one with my future son in law?" The guys nodded and left out of the barn, sliding the door shut, leaving Burt and a shaking, stressed Blaine alone. Burt turned to face Blaine who was sitting on a bale and holding his head in his hands, breathing slowly. He sat down carefully and took a deep breath before turning to the man. "You wanna tell me why you're more shaky than a scared deer?" Burt asked and Blaine let out a chuckle before lifting his head up and shaking it. He let out a heavy blow of breath and looked at Burt.

"Were you this nervous when you were getting married to Elizabeth?" Burt was taken back by the question but he understood completely. He smiled and rubbed his head. "Like crazy but I knew that what I was doing was right. It didn't matter if the ice sculpture melted or if one of the guests didn't show up, what mattered was me walking down that aisle and standing there waiting for the love of my life to walk down soon after. When she did, I was speechless. She looked beautiful and I knew that I made the right choice. That's what I see with you and my son, Blaine, I see the two of you living the rest of your lives together and with all the luck in the world, a healthy bouncing baby along with the journey. You're going to do just fine as long as you remember only one thing." Burt stood and offered his hand down at the man who was looking at him. Blaine took it and let Burt pull him up before brushing off his dress pants and looking at his future father in law who brushed off his shoulders and held up Blaine's bowtie in his hands before wrapping around the man's neck and tying it for Blaine and placed his hands on his shoulders. "What?" Blaine asked.

At the ranch house Kurt and the girls were getting ready after eating breakfast. Kurt had to eat with Rachel in another room because he couldn't stand the smell of bacon and cheese eggs so the pair were having oatmeal with blueberries and strawberries in it. Rachel helped him keep it down with an anti nausea pill and some water before helping him get dressed. He said that he could do his own hair and would be ready soon to which Rachel nodded and left with a smile so Kurt was just left by himself to sit and breathe. He looked down at his bump and smiled big, resting a hand on it and leaned his head down to whisper.

"Just another half hour little one." Kurt smiled and lightly tapped his bump and was about to stand when Lisa knocked and poked her head in. Kurt turned his head. "Sorry if I'm intruding on a special moment but I wanted to come check on you." She started but Kurt cut her off by letting her in and she closed the door behind her. "Well don't you look handsome and glowing?" Lisa said, smiling. Kurt blushed pink and smiled, resting a hand on his bump. Kurt knew it would be silly but he wanted to add a tiny little flower tied with a bowtie on his shirt right where the middle of the bump was because he wanted to. Puck tried to fight him on it and lost when Kurt took his drink that had ice in it and spilled it in Puck's pants and pushed him out of his chair. The mohawk boy surrendered after that and Lisa was helping him put it on before pointing to the bump. "Now you behave sir or mam. Your papa needs to be in tip top shape for today." Kurt chuckled and Lisa sighed happily, smiling at her grandson in law. Kurt noticed her look and began to fidgit. "What? Is something out of place? Spinach in my teeth? Oh wait I didn't have spinach, what did I have? Oatmeal! Do I have oatmeal in my teeth?" Kurt walked quickly to the mirror and checked his teeth which made Lisa laugh and shake her head, placing her hands on her hips.