A Faithland Summer

"Everyone have everything they need to go cause once we're out of the area, there's no turning back." Burt asked once Carole, Finn and Kurt got in the Navigator. Everyone buckled their seats and nodded, excited for the trip. Finn couldn't wait to meet Blaine's two brothers. One was a musician and the other a football player and Finn hoped to learn a few tricks, Carole was interested in spending time embarrassing Kurt to Lyla and Lisa, Blaine's grandmother, and learning some new recipes. Burt had gotten along great with Jack and Ben when the three men realized that the most they had in common was protecting their sons or grandsons and also that family was important to them. Kurt was excited to, well, to see Blaine and spend the summer with Blaine and also seeing a new side to Blaine's life. He was also excited for it to be just him and Blaine. Not him, Blaine and a dozen of their friends but also Kurt knew why Jack suggested this trip. The look in the older man's eyes were clear as day and he could never be so grateful for Jack seeing through bullshit. The trip was a minimum four hours but with Kurt and Burt switching every two hours, they finally made it to a dirt path with a giant, rustic looking wood gate with a carved sign of a sun with the words Faithland on it.

Kurt smiled as Blaine, wearing dirt covered, near torn pale blue jeans, a plaid blue and white short sleeved shirt and his curls out, waved and opened the gate to let Burt past before hopping in behind Finn. Kurt turned his head back and smiled lovingly at him and Blaine smiled back before the boy hopped down again when the car came to a stop and everyone got out. Lyla, Lisa, Jack, Ben and Blaine's brothers came out to meet the family. Lyla hugged Kurt and made a joke about needing to fatten him up which Kurt answered with his own joke. Lisa opened her arms and Kurt hesitantly went into them.

"Oh no need to be afraid dear. I don't bite and one thing you have to know about the Andersons is that they love to hug. From what I've heard, you're practically family." She winks and Kurt blushes before going to hug Jack. Before he lets go, Kurt whispers.

"Thank you for inviting us. Me particularly." He lets go and Jack nods, patting his back.

"Well I thought you could use the peace and quiet."

"I think that sounds lovely Jack. This is a wonderful opportunity for all of us." Carole said.

"Burt, Carole, Finn, Kurt, these are my brothers Darren and Cooper. Darren is my twin brother."

"It's nice to meet the family Blainers talks about more than his own." Darren joked.

Darren was about Blaine's height with shorter cut curls and the same hazel eyes that showed more green while Blaine's showed less green, the two had the same olive skin though Darren's was lighter and Darren was dressed in a red polo and boat shorts with moccasins. He shook hands with everyone. Cooper was next. Finn was completely frozen when he realized that the footballer brother Blaine said he had was THE Cooper Anderson, quarterback legend and he turned out to be his brother's boyfriend's brother. Cooper waved a hand in Finn's face but the tall boy could hardly move. Kurt snickered and so did Carole. Finn soon came back and shook Cooper's hand.

"Ooh strong grip. What position?" Cooper asks.

"Q-Quarterback." Finn stuttered.

"Mind if I give you some tips? I hope you don't mind but Kurt sent me some of your games."

"Uh yeah yeah that'd be great."

Soon everyone went in house but Finn stopped Kurt and without warning, Finn scooped Kurt up in his arms and spun around. Kurt laughed and squirmed as Finn laughed.

"You are the best brother in the history of brothers ever!!"

"Oh god Finn put me down!!"

"Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!" Finn eventually puts Kurt down and Kurt gasps silently when he sees tears, real tears, in Finn's eyes. He throws caution to the wind and hugs Finn again. Finn hugs back and sniffles.