"Well it doesn't hurt anymore. It just looks ugly," I pop a few purple ones in my mouth while tapping my nails on the wooden table. "What about you? Have you got any bruises or anything?"

Nate pulls up his shirt before I could tell him not to. I look at the bruising across his stomach which is a pale shade of purple with green. My cheeks heat up at the exposure of his skin, trying to get over the fact he just flashed me. It's more shock than the fact he's actually got a toned stomach for a fifteen year old.

"Are you blushing?" He teases and my eyes widen at the confidence basically dripping off of him. "I'm flattered, but I have a boyfriend and have for six months. He's a sophomore actually. If I wasn't taken or liked boys more than girls I would seriously consider you."

I stiffle a laugh, shaking my head. "I'm guessing that's what Brian attacked you over, you're bisexual?" I clarify and he nods.

"Yeah, all because my boyfriend held my hand to get me to my first class. He's such a homophobic tool," Nate rolls his eyes. "At the time I didn't know why he reacted the way he did. I'm trusting you with this-"

"You're trusting someone you don't know?" I raise an eyebrow and he nods.

"Well it's not my secret to share," I go to speak but he holds up his hand to silence me. "It's case Brian does decide to come after you and you'll have something to use against him-"

"That's not necessary," I raise my voice while shaking my head. "I don't want to resort to blackmail."

Nate tilts his head to the side with a stunned expression on his face. "Really? I thought that's how most girls operate with blackmail, gossip, secrets..."

"It's not morally right to expose someone else's secrets," I chuckle, finishing the rest of my purple skittles and cover my hand to speak. "Besides that I don't want to cause any trouble or hurt someone else."

"You're too sweet for your own good." He tries to take a green skittle but I smack his hand as hard as I can. "Geez. That was uncalled for."

"Don't touch or eat my skittles," I deadpanned, narrowing my eyes. "I'm not sweet when it comes to skittles especially over the green ones because they're my favorite."

Nate mock salutes standing to his feet. "I'll make a note of that. I think we'll be great friends."

"We're friends?" I ask, he nods with a smile that exposes his perfectly white teeth.

"Damn right," He pulls out his phone from his pocket and fiddles with it before holding it out to me. "You've taken a punch for me and you seem rather chilled. I mean, unless you don't want to be friends with me because I'm a freshman or because of my scary older brother..."

I laugh lightly, taking his phone. "Those weren't my words. I didn't call your brother scary."

"But do you find him scary?" I press save, looking at Nate who has a grin on his lips. "I didn't realize he scared everyone so much considering he's basically a puppy to me."

"He isn't scary," I start but then backtrack. "But I personally wouldn't get on his bad side-" I stop furrowing my eyebrows. "How did he even know it was me? I mean I've never spoken to him and never met you beforehand..."

Nate nods in understanding. "I heard the teacher call you Kira, he told me to describe you and bingo. Apparently there's another Kira but she's a bitch that wouldn't care about anyone else."

"Kira Bentley-" I answer him with a nod. "I had a few classes with her in my first two years and she constantly referred to me as nerd Kira to the teachers so they could distinguish us apart. She's not particularly nice..."