88. He Takes You To Prom - Ashton

Part 2/4

...
Requested by:
@robertssaverielle
...

I hate AP tests and I haven't even taken one yet that's where I am atm

Djsjkckskakshah until next Friday my updating schedule is going to suck

I've decided to take a more positive stance on this book ending with A COUNTDOWN TO BOOK #2 YAYYY! 7 parts left including this one

Ashton:   
You tended to be painfully shy and socially awkward. Your brother may have been famously happy and giggly, but you were the introvert of the family, preferring to have other people order for you at restaurants and not speaking in front of your class. You had a lot of social anxiety and previous bad experiences with peers that constantly ran through your head made it all but impossible for you to wipe the slate clean and try to make new friends. So you were all but alone, it was just you, your Mum, your siblings, and your single best friend Y/BFF/N. She lived a few houses down, but somehow the next district over, so you didn't attend the same school, but still went to each other's school functions. You had taken each other to Homecoming, your Spring Flings, football games, Soccer tournaments, or wherever else your parents said that you had to go to get your full high school experience.

You expected the same for prom. It had been unspoken that the two of you would take the other to your respective proms as you each had to go based on parental pressure, but didn't want to do so alone.

But then the dates for the proms, or more specifically your prom, came out. Yours was the exact day that Y/BFF/N was supposed to get her wisdom teeth taken out. At first, she was delighted since she was sure that her Mum would have to push the appointment back, but then it was discovered that there was no such option and that the oral surgeon she was going to had an awful long waiting list.

So then you thought that since Y/BFF/N couldn't go, then surely that meant that your mother wouldn't make you either. Wrong again.

"Y/N," your Mum took both of your hands in hers and squeezed them gently, "I really think that it would be good for you to go and experience prom, you already got out of it last year and pretty soon you'll be graduated. You'll want memories to look back on, more than just this house, of Y/BFF/N's, prom is exciting it's fresh and new. I'm sure that you'll like it regardless."

You shook your head, "no I won't. Y/BFF/N can't be there and I don't have any other friends Mum. I'd be going alone and be sat at some random table with random people that I didn't know and I can't dance alone so I'd just be wasting the night by watching everyone else have fun anyway. Isn't it better to have the memories of Y/BFF/N high on laughing gas?"

Your mother sighed fondly, "if I pulled some strings and got you a date would you go?" You were perplexed by her offer. Where was she going to get said date?

"Probably not. I guess it depends on the date," you narrowed your eyes and leaned back a little so that you could study her better, "who did you have in mind?"

"Oh nobody in particular," your mother seemed convincing but you noticed that she tucked some hair behind her ear. That was her tell that she was lying.

"Mhmmm," you said but didn't press it any further. Instead you turned to walk off and maybe go read in your room or watch stupid YouTube videos.

"Y/N!" Your Mum called from behind you. You turned back to look. "Don't forget we're going prom dress shopping this weekend," she smiled.

You held yourself back from rolling your eyes, "okay Mum," that would be a waste of a Saturday given that you were all but sure you weren't going anyway.