22. Blackmail (CALM)

A/N- Calums is a continuation of the last chapter. Just an FYI.

Calum:

Crap crap crap. How had Calum managed to find and read your ENTIRE diary in the hour that you were gone. That thing was loaded with your personal thoughts and feelings going back YEARS and he wasn't exactly known for having a strong academic background. And yet here you were, a face off with an arrogant older sibling trying to blackmail you into mowing the lawn when it was clearly his turn. He must be bluffing, quoting a few lines in an attempt to convince you that he had read the whole thing. Yup, that was the only explanation, you almost sighed in relief, at least some of your secrets were still secret.

"There is no way that you read that whole thing," you smirked, at Calum who was holding the book in question while raising an eyebrow at you.

"Oh? Well feel free to ask away, I can answer any question," he replied confidently, and your grin grew even larger.

"Fine, but if you can't answer I get the book back and you mow the lawn."

"What if I do?"

"Then you can keep it as blackmail." You had to shrug that option off like it was no big deal, but if in reality Calum was able to answer, you were screwed because there was a lot in there you didn't want him to show to other people.

"Deal. What's the first question?" He eagerly rubbed his hands and stretched out his neck preparing for your verbal assault.

"Who was my 5th grade crush?" You were starting out easy, that was towards the beginning and you always drew big hearts by his name, the question was really only to see how much he had been paying attention.

"Tyler Neilson." Calum rolled his eyes as if it was stupid to ask at all.

"Correct." You giggled, that was just a warm-up.

"What was my favorite color when I was 13?" Now you were getting into more obscure things that you didn't mention as much, plus he would have to know the dates of the entries meaning this should weed him out if you were correct.

"Neon purple, which was, and I quote, 'the color of your soul'." He answered automatically, and with a direct quote, maybe he was smarter than you gave him credit for.

"Correct." You were less happy this time, your tone more accusatory and cold.

"What happened to my goldfish while I was at a sleepover at my friends house?" This was traumatic for sure, but you definitely only said it once and it was in the middle, where he probably didn't get to.

"Your older sister accidentally let her cat into your room which killed the fish so she replaced it before you got home but you knew it wasn't Bubbles because he, 'had a lopsided face'." Man oh man, again with the direct quotes it was clear that you had to start hitting him where it hurts.

"Correct." You gritted out, narrowing your eyes, but Calum just looked back innocently.

"How did my best friend break her ankle while we were out hiking?" You spat, and that was something you had only vaguely hinted about a few times, never writing exactly what happened.

"She, as far as I could tell, 'tripped and fell' into a ditch." He did hesitate for a moment, and in that moment you were incredibly happy, already dreaming about the epic nap you could take instead of mowing the lawn and trying to steal back the book.

"Correct." Darn it, he was good.

"Are you done yet?" He taunted, looking at you bored like you hadn't challenged him at all, well he had another thing coming.