15. Embarrassment (CALM)

A/N- This is the part when I learn how to spell that word thank the lord for autocorrect!

Luke:
Today was the day! You were an awful mix of nervous and excited, how does a girl even introduce their brother to someone they liked? You were wringing your hands in worry when the doorbell rang, he was here.

"I'LL GET IT!" Luke yelled, and you could hear him run towards the door.

"NO IT'S OKAY!" You sprang into action, trying to intercept him before he opened it, but alas, your effort was in vain, for when your turned the corner you came face to face with a confused Luke, and a nervous boyfriend.

"Y/N, don't just stand there! Introduce me to your friend here!" Luke said cheerfully, but you could read his face and all that you were getting was hostility. He knew.

"Right, Luke this is Y/BF/N, Y/BF/N, this is my older brother Luke," you smiled and they shook hands.

"So nice to meet you, Y/N has talked about you a lot," he grinned, and Luke raised an eyebrow.

"Really, because she hasn't mentioned you at all, come to think of it, how do you know Y/N?" Luke crossed his arms and you knew that you were in for it.

"Well that took a turn," you mumbled to yourself, "Luke, I know him from school, we were partners for the science fair," you explained, and it wasn't a lie. You really were partners for the science fair, and he didn't ask you out till after, so it was more like selective truth-telling.

"I see, well come in then," Luke moved out of the doorway so that the younger boy could make his way in.

"I thought you told him already," Y/BF/N hissed into your ear as Luke closed the door.

"I'm going to right now, don't worry," you whispered back through a tight smile.

"Well, Y/BF/N would you like to join us in the living-room, we were watching dancing with the stars," Luke asked, and your ashen-faced boyfriend could only nod and follow behind. Once the three of you were settled on the couch, Luke began his interrogation again.

"So, Y/N, you never told me about this science fair," Luke never turned to face you but kept his eyes glued on the TV.

"Well, as cute as he is, Y/BF/N here isn't all that great at science, so we didn't win," you joked. When Luke's head snapped around you knew that you had said something wrong, thinking through your last sentence. YOU ADMITTED THAT YOU THOUGHT HE WAS CUTE.

"I-I uh, I mean uh," you stumbled through your words causing a predatory grin to spread over Luke's face. You turned to Y/BF/N for backup but it looked like it was all he could do to keep from passing out.

"Cute huh?" Luke laughed humorlessly, "Anything else?"

"FINE WE'RE DATING JUST STOP BEING SO GOSH DARN CREEPY!" You buried your face in your hands.

Out of nowhere Luke started laughing hysterically, rolling on the floor, tears coming out of his eyes, he was gasping for air he was laughing so hard.

"Uhm, you okay man?" Y/BF/N asked, finally working up the courage to speak.

"Yea, yea I'm fine thanks," Luke sat up, "it's just that Y/N here thought that I didn't know," he started laughing again and you turned bright red.

"Wha-wha-what-t?" You sputtered out in confusion, the only place where you had documented that was, YOUR DIARY.

"You read the whole thing didn't you?" You asked angrily.

"Yup," Luke admitted shamelessly before turning to you boyfriend, "and trust me when I say she has a lot more to say about you than 'cute'."