43. Makeup (CALM)

So before I knew the new song was Girls Talk Boys all I saw was #GIRLSTALKBOYS and I thought it was Girl Stalk Boys and I was like Voodoo doll pt2 or headline?

Luke:
You rolled over on the couch, straining your neck to peek over the armrest at the clock. 4:30, that left you with an hour or so to get ready before your date would be there to pick you up. Knowing that you would inevitably get sidetracked, it seemed reasonable to start getting up and around.

"Noooo Y/N! Stay! It's family time!" Luke made grabby hands at you from the other couch. You thought he was napping and was honestly surprised he was awake.

"You've been asleep for the last half-hour while I was playing on my phone. That's hardly family time," you snorted, "plus I have to get ready, Y/D/N is supposed to be here soon."

"Oh BOOOOOOOO!" He whined throwing a pillow your way. You dodged, and whirled around at him. He had sat up and was grinning, tossing another throw pillow around in his hands.

"LUKE!" You shrieked, wide-eyed. He nearly took your eye out!

"Stay or I'll throw another one!" He held up his pillow threateningly.

"How about, you put the pillow down and I don't make you prematurely bald," you smiled sweetly at him. His eyes widened and he put the pillow down, scooching down the couch away from it.

"But I don't want to be down here alooooone!" He pouted, "you're already leaving me to go on your dumb date."

"Fine, if it's so important to you, you can take another nap on my bed while I get ready," you snapped, realizing you were wasting precious time.

Luke shrugged and got up, skipping past you up the stairs to your bedroom. By the time you caught up and made it in, he was already making snow-angels on your duvet.

"Ugh, I just made my bed this morning too," you shook your head at him and turned to your closet.

"Make it again," he burrowed under the blankets leaving only his face exposed.

"Whatever," you held up a dress and turned to him, holding back a laugh at the blankets wrapped around him. "What do you think of this one? Sister."

"Too much boob," he raised his eyebrows at you, "and I'm not a nun."

"Really? I thought it was tasteful cleavage, and it sure looks like you're ready to join the sisterhood." You set the dress down and grabbed a less formal blouse.

"Much better, just wear something under it, it's sheer," Luke made a face, as if the word left a bitter taste in his mouth.

"Alright, we have a deal." You walked out of the room to change in the bathroom, for obvious reasons, then came back in to see Luke poking through your vanity.

"Something I can help you with?" You asked, making him jump.

"Ugh!" He held his chest and sent you a dirty look, "that was mean."

"Why are you going through my makeup?" You pushed past him to see he had knocked over a bunch of bottles of nail polish and left your brushes laying all over the table.

"Curiosity?" He gave you a cheesy smile and climbed back onto your bed, out of arms reach. Smart boy.

You made a noise of disapproval and reorganized your counter, Luke watched silently. Once you had a clean workspace, you pulled out your actual bag of makeup, glancing up in the mirror to see Luke watching intently.

"Why is this so interesting to you?" You asked, pulling out what you would need.

"I've never really watched someone put on makeup," he giggled, rolling onto his back, "it looks like fun."